Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

khawk20

DVDVR 80s Project
  • Posts

    2584
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by khawk20

  1. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  2. Ok. In the Mid-Eighties Polynesian Pro Wrestling was aired on Saturday nights on the cable channel that was there to see the Stock Market Ticker and they'd put on any old thing behind that. I remember seeing Flair vs. Siva Afi in a big main event, Lawler heeling it up in a promo, and lots of Lars Anderson. It didn't last long and they re-ran a lot of shows, but I'd imagine SOMEONE taped these. I have definitely seen footage of Hawaii floating around with the stock market ticker running at the bottom. There is a bunch available. I'll throw some match listings up in the trading forum for anyone curious.
  3. I'm not sure but if it was Rodger Kent that is a huge surprise since he never worked in the NWA insofar as I am aware.
  4. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  5. A quick check showed me at least one match is available. No idea without watching it again if it's clip or a full match. Dylan did a Blackwell for HOF-style thread not too long ago so that thread should be around somewhere close.
  6. I think it's an extra on one of the discs, Rev.
  7. Just remember there is no wrong way to vote. Your favourites are youre favourites, period.
  8. I've talked with Dan about the frustrations he has had otrying to get a lot of the Japanese vintage footage collectors to trade with him...and there is some really neat older stuff in some of those collections. Part of the problem is likely related to the previous discussions about bootlegging... those guys would be an older crowd, and would be extremely wary of trading the stuff they do have, especially to people outside of whatever trading communities that had to have been built over the decades. If older folks are that adamant about how evil bootlegging things is, I can see why they would not want to take a chance on being revealed as a bootlegger. It's got to be part of the problem, I think.
  9. Ditto! I've been waiting for that book for some time...really looking forward to it.
  10. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  11. 2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 2 Members: khawk20, Ryan Faulconer Thunder Bay represented x 2...nice. (carry on)
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  13. Agreed. I watched this match originally when it aired on MSG network and it rocked. You didn't get a vibe like that out of most WWF tag matches in that time frame (at least I didn't), so when the odd one struck you like that one did, you remembered it.
  14. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  16. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  17. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  18. There was also his Texas All-Star run, which preceded the AWA as I recall.
  19. It was a helluva time to be a wrestling fan and own a big c-band satellite dish. I couldn't keep up no matter how hard I tried. Not everything listed above was accessible via the big dish, but there was so much on there you didn't feel like you were missing anything even if you were.
  20. Not for nothing but the Rockers vs. Rose and Somers was a good 6 months of matches around the horn. By the time the wrapped it up, I would imagine they could have "cruise-controlled" their matches.
  21. I need to see this based on the bits I've read and heard about it.
  22. Regaining the title from Dusty Rhodes with the Figure four stands out as one. I think he submitted Funk with it in their Clash I quit match, too. ..if there are only those two that I can think of, your point is indeed a good one.
  23. Personal example: I was playing with my one-year-old grand-daughter recently. She had picked up a plastic stir-spoon and was carrying it around, and hit me with it. Got me right on the corner of my right eyebrow. It wasn't a hard blow, but it hit at *just* the right angle to split the brow and start it bleeding. A one-year-old using a plastic spoon to do that sort of damage is proof enough to me that it just takes hitting the right spot to start the blood flowing, and it certainly doesn't have to be a hard hit.
  24. Where the Christ did you get this from? Big-time player in the early 70's. After his WWWF run where he beat Bruno he came to the AWA for a few years and main-evented with Verne, followed by a run tagging with Superstar Graham. He was a credible challenger back in the WWWF all the way through the 70's when Backlund was the champ. "Worst ever WWF Champ"? lol....
×
×
  • Create New...