-
Posts
18681 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by El-P
-
Tony Schiavone (about Sherri) "She's very much in love with Colonel Parker." Dusty Rhodes "I'm telling you, it's so thick." Tony Schiavone "It is thick." This never gets old.
-
I was wondering why no one had dropped Lawler yet. I mean, seriously, on PWO it took three pages to drop Lawler's name on this ? I'm shocked. And although I'm not as high on Lawler as a lot of people around here are, he's also the first name I thought about, really, and I think he could have been pretty terrific in the role. Really, instead of going places to meet challengers, Lawler drew almost everyone else to Memphis, so as the King of Memphis he was kinda the touring NWA champ in reverse, and excelled at it.
-
He even calls himself "the bad guy Hulk Hogan". So yeah, he was a gigantic douche, but he was always a gigantic douche anyway, but at least it was fitting his "darkside Hulk Hogan" character.
- 9 replies
-
- WCW
- Monday Nitro
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Amazing ! King Curtis live on Nitro ! With a giant iceberg in the arena ! The Yeti is coming ! At the end of the show the giant block of ice would explode and reveal… a mummy. At least Prince Kharis had those offensive James Mitchell promos leading to the unveiling.
- 7 replies
-
- WCW
- Monday Nitro
- (and 7 more)
-
[1995-10-21-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Arn Anderson
El-P replied to Loss's topic in October 1995
Usual solid, serious, efficient Arn promo. The 4rsemen will be back. I wonder if back then anyone didn't see it coming.- 3 replies
-
- WCW
- Saturday Night
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
[1995-10-16-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair & Sting vs Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman
El-P replied to Loss's topic in October 1995
Arn & Pillman bump like crazy for Flair then Sting, making it a hot moment. Sting is so damn gullible...- 6 replies
-
- WCW
- Monday Nitro
- (and 9 more)
-
Yes, it was Benoit's debut. Pretty much what's been said previously. Terrific TV match. The difference between Dean vs Eddie is so stricking, as the Dean matches looked like souless exhibitions. This was a wrestling match with incredible speed, intensity, cristal clear execution and actual selling. Awesome match.
- 14 replies
-
- WCW
- Monday Nitro
- (and 7 more)
-
Yes, when I was doing my ECW watch a few years ago. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Messy of course but in a fun way.
-
Yep. And Ricky is turning into Greg Valentine.
-
And he's sucked for twenty years. Kane was the first name that came to mind when I thought "If I could get rid of anyone, one single person, who would it be?" Mask, no mask, heel, face, serious, comedic...it doesn't matter. He's done it all & it's all tired at this point. We've seen him shock Shane McMahon's testicles with a car battery, set Jim Ross on fire, use a voice box to tell people to "suck it!", cut a "Kanenites" Hulk Hogan promo, wrestle a technical match with Big Show for some reason, do the Hell No therapy comedy skits & "hug it out." His entire career is ridiculous. He's always just been a second-rate Undertaker at best & an unfunny, lumbering goof at worst. Thank you.
-
OUCH!! Which moves make you cringe when you see them?
El-P replied to ajsmith_7's topic in Pro Wrestling
Any double footstomp move makes me cringe since there doesn't really seem to be any way to minimize the impact. It looks easier with a simple footstomp though. A tope rope move already gets much trickier. But with the added momentum of a a moonsault, forget it, there's just no way. I cringed every time Fukuoka hit a poor girl with this. Still the coolest finisher ever though : "I'll do a moonsault and land on your ribs you poor fucker." Holy shit. -
OUCH!! Which moves make you cringe when you see them?
El-P replied to ajsmith_7's topic in Pro Wrestling
Chris Benoit's fucked up brain disagrees. When did Harley Race adviced Benoit to stop doing it ? Around 2000 ? Later ? -
I like that match quite a bit too. And yeah, Douglas said that coming off of it, he thought the match sucked and he was very surprised that the audience reacted in a positive way. And credited Funk for whatever made it work.
-
OUCH!! Which moves make you cringe when you see them?
El-P replied to ajsmith_7's topic in Pro Wrestling
Hikari Fukuoka's moonsault footstomp. Utterly brutal. -
And that's what the wonderful WWE monopoly did for pro-wrestling. Long-time staleness and workers paralysed because they have basically nowhere else to work. No wonder things are fucked up.
-
So Hogan >> Hogan ? This thread has turned into complete absurdity. A few years ago, my two nephews (10 & 7) were into wrestling (= WWE). They sure knew who Taker was, but probably had no fucking idea who Hulk Hogan was. They also lost interest pretty quickly after their father took them to a live show. Go figure.
-
The crowd shits on Hogan hard here. Loud "Hogan sucks" chant during the first match too. I wonder if they were actually testing waters for an eventual heel-turn down the road, as Hogan is an even bigger jerk here than he usually is.
- 7 replies
-
- WCW
- Monday Nitro
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
What an odd career arc for Jarrett at this point : _jumps back to WWF : shoot promo. Doesn't get over. _NWA champ : doesn't get over. _Double J gimmick again : doesn't get over. _Short hair and "pissed off gimmick" : doesn't get over. _Gets Debra : puppies get over. _hits women (Russo booking) : gets a reaction, but is he really over ? _jumps back to WCW : shoot promo. Doesn't get over. _hits women (Russo booking) : gets a reaction, but is still not over.
-
I just realized I typed Greenwald because of Molly. Molly Holly = Nora Greenwald. Fascinating how the brain works. Julia Roberts is a huge freaking star. And Demi Moore used to be quite a big name too. Not even in the same boat.
-
The real question is Undertaker > Greenwald ?
-
No one mentionned Dean Malenko yet ? Technically proficient, but man was he a boring worker most of the time. Those "***** classics" with Eddie Guerrero litteraly put me to sleep.
-
I liked Los Boricuas, and really, they were all solid workers at worst (at least Savio, Perez & Castillo). Really missed the opportunity to do something with them. They needed a hot latino valet and more elaborate production. And a push of course. D.O.A on the other hand sucked dick. When Brian Lee is the workhorse of the bunch by far, you're in deep trouble.
-
The funny thing is Ringwald was famous for leaving the U.S. and moving to France as her career cooled off in the early 90's. The couple of French films she made must not have done well. I checked. Hey, she was in "Enfants de salauds" ! So I actually saw her in a movie.
-
I had to check out Wiki to know who Ellen Page is. I maybe not the best one to gauge pop-culture relevance, I still haven't seen Inception BTW, and I didn't remember who was the girl in Juno.
-
Maybe it's because I'm French but… who the fuck is Molly Greenwald anyway ? If she's a "cultural pop icon", it's most probably strictly an English speaking deal. On the other hand, I know who Emma Watson is, and I never cared one way or another for Harry Potters movies.