Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-09-01-FMW-Super Dynamism] Masato Tanaka & Tetsuhiro Kuroda & Koji Nakagawa vs W*ING Kanemura & Hideki Hosaka & Hido (Exploding Barbed Wire Death)

Loss

• 1 month later...

I'm just the opposite; this is my favorite FMW deathmatch. More action/better pacing than you got from various singles and 2-on-2 ones, there was somewhat of a match structure as the heels dominate the middle and the babyfaces stage a big comeback, there's plenty of credible nearfalls, and a satisfying finish.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

First part of this was just a lot of fumbling around on the mat, but this got better as it went along. Tanaka looked fantastic, throwing tremendous energy into his bumps and providing some great-looking offense. Really good finish, too, that ends at just the right time after the heels get eliminated.

• 6 months later...

Weird atmosphere again with buildings and bouncy houses in the background. The beginning meandered around a lot but once the explosions came into play, this became a really good spectacle and some of the explosion bumps were filmed better than I have seen almost any bump of that nature be filmed. FMW continues to find its legs. ***

• 2 years later...

I found this a pretty damn impressive match. Often when you have a barbed wire rope match, especially tag team it seems, the confines of the ring without even being able to run the ropes gives the match a really confined feeling and it sort of breaks down into a bad kind of disorganization. But they really used the gimmick here to work the match around a well-executed story. The first deathmatch spot was really well done, came out of nowhere. Tanaka and Kuroda are left alone to fight 2 vs. 3 and mostly are beaten down, though there is one good comeback tease. Kuroda sacrifices himself to take out one of the feels and Koji comes makes a big comeback to lead to the win, with a really good last minute or two pulling the trigger on some big explosion spots. I thought this was a really well worked match for its gimmick and the perfect length.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-09-01-FMW-Super Dynamism] Masato Tanaka & Tetsuhiro Kuroda & Koji Nakagawa vs W*ING Kanemura & Hideki Hosaka & Hido (Exploding Barbed Wire Death)
  • 1 year later...

Enjoyable enough. Tanaka's the only guy that I'm familiar with and he was by far the best guy in the match. After Koji takes a fall to outside and is taken out of the majority of the match, so Tanaka's team is one down. Tanaka mounts up a pretty decent comeback despite everything else in this match being a bit of a mess. The final stretch sees some glorious Thunder Fire Powerbombs. I feel sorry for the two poor bastards who take a drop into the explosive barbed wire that the cameras fail to pick up. 

★★¾