Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-10-21-WCW-Nitro] Sting and NWO Sting

Loss

• 1 month later...

The real Sting attacks the fake one while the NWO looks on. They plead with Sting to join them. Sting has a different look than he would have a little while later, with solid white face paint, and even speaks, saying that he may or may not be in their price range, and then he walks off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I like Sting's not-Crow look and his facials as the NWO are speaking (Hall points out that "nobody knows cheap imitations better than us"), but one big problem I always had with the Crow Sting is that he couldn't incorporate the gimmick into his promos. Granted, he didn't have to speak as much, but when he did, the same old Surfer Sting came out. Good move not having him talk for another year and a half.

• 2 years later...

I had completely forgotten about this. Sting's look is forming and will transform a bit in the next year. I also thought it was interesting that Sting spoke and the narrative of the NWO just wasting NWO Sting as the sacrificial lamb to make their plea to the real deal.

• 8 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-10-21-WCW-Nitro] Sting and NWO Sting