Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-05-01-WCW-Saturday Night] Rick Rude and Dustin Rhodes

Loss

• 1 month later...

Dustin Rhodes is scheduled to come out for a squash and doesn't come out. Rick Rude comes out instead in his self-described "Sunday, go-to-meetin' clothes" and says apologizes that Dustin had some type of accident where he slipped and fell in the locker room. Dustin runs out and wants Rude in the ring, but Dusty tries to talk him out of it. But Dustin breaks through and they start brawling. This is an awesome segment! Good to see Rude finally, even though '93 wasn't that good a year for him.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought for sure that Rude would take a shot at Dusty before this was all over, but he didn't. Unless I've missed a cameo here and there, this was Dusty's first appearance on WCW TV since early June of '91, when the disaster that was ​The Bull Drop Inn ​was canceled. I can't wait to see if he adds anything else to this feud in the future.

This was too short to mean much by itself, but it's good to have Rude back and ready to go. It'll be interesting to see if he can recapture the momentum he had a few short months ago, when he seemed a sure bet to take the World title from Simmons. On a side note, great to see Rude's mustache again.

Who was doing color with Tony here? I've narrowed it down to two people: Teddy Long and Robert Fuller. When did the Stud debut the Col. Parker gimmick? I know it wasn't too long after this.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-05-01-WCW-Saturday Night] Rick Rude and Dustin Rhodes