Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-04-18-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett

Loss

• 1 month later...

Jeff Jarrett does a sort-of-okay promo for once, talking about how he realized the Moondogs were aiming for him with the battery acid, but Embry intervened. And because he has blind family members, it resonates with him. He then starts hyping the upcoming Monday night in a Mid South Coliseum, when they'll be in a cage. Jarrett says he doesn't want to rant and rave, that he'll do his talking in the ring.

Lawler says "Well, let me do a little ranting and raving" and talks 'em into the building like the pro he is.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I actually thought that Jeff was a tad more effective than Lawler here because he spoke from the heart about a real-life issue that his dad overcame. He stumbled a little here and there, but that's to be expected when you talk about an emotional issue like your father potentially going blind.

Lawler was typically terrific, though, and he really stressed the importance of him and Jeff finally getting the Dogs and Lee in a cage where they can't run or take the action all over the MSC. I have no idea who Charlie Trapper really is, but Lawler made me want to see him, which is an accomplishment considering that the promo we saw earlier wasn't exactly earth-shattering. I just hope we have what they showed of the match on the set.

It really feels like we're heading for a turning point in this feud, and it's about time, since the faces have been getting their rear ends handed to them by the Dogs almost unabated since November.

• 2 years later...

I don’t know if it’s the hair, or the bland and stumbling promos, but I’m just buying into JJ at this point (particularly as a babyface because I feel like he looks like a heel anyway)... Lawler jumps in and kicks it into high gear and saves the segment.  

• GSR changed the title to [1992-04-18-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett
  • 4 months later...