Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-05-30-USWA-TV] Interview: Eddie Gilbert

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a special Saturday night show at the Mid-South Coliseum, and Gilbert has gone from defending the Global belt against Jerry Lawler, to Jeff Jarrett...to King Cobra. Gilbert puts this over as well as he can. Gilbert and Dave Brown have great chemistry together.

• 5 weeks later...

Gotta love "interpromotional" politics (since Global obviously wasn't participating with this). Eddie went from Lawler, to Jarrett, to King Cobra. At this rate, he'll be jerking the curtain and defending the Global Title against one one of the Moondogs victims. Great promo from Eddie, but what's with him getting buried?

• 2 years later...

I guess I was right; the Lawler/Gilbert unification match never took place, probably because Global refused to sanction it. Instead, Eddie's "defending" the Global title against the face midcarders, but I suspect he won't be doing so for long.

Anyway, we haven't heard from King Cobra for quite a while. I liked Eddie getting down on the floor to simulate Cobra asking Coffey for a shot against him; the man can take over an interview just like his idol Lawler can. I also like the excuse he gave for being DQ'd against Jeff; it not only put himself over, but it put Jeff over as a tough guy for knocking him into the middle of next week. Too bad he probably won't be that high on the card again, at least during this run.

A Saturday night card at the MSC. huh? I wonder what was going on the following Monday, since Memphis' college basketball season was long over.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-05-30-USWA-TV] Interview: Eddie Gilbert
  • 1 year later...