Pro Wrestling Only

This is hilarious

sek69

I guess SK is tired of his match reviews getting absolutely dismantled by people who know what they're talking about: over at his blog he unveiled his new format, which is just result-time of match-star rating.

Cause you know, explaining your star ratings is so last tuesday.

Guest Dazed

But Scott can ONLY do PBP.

I actually like the new format, it gets to the point quite well. Shame it's wasted on him (rather like Dames' format at TSM).

My only complaint would be the lack of depth. "

- Jericho turns heel bigtime, although sucking the heat away from the Christian-Cena feud in the process. " is an interesting comment, and could do with something more by way of explanation. But that's just not Scott's style.

I guess SK is tired of his match reviews getting absolutely dismantled by people who know what they're talking about

Are you joking?

People have ripped on Scott Keith's reviews for years and it never stopped him. There's a reason he wants to stop reviewing Raw, and it sure as hell isn't "Tim Cooke and his friends embarrassed me."

Kawada is right. Despite the dismantling of SK and his shitty writing time and time again, people continue to read him and value his opinion. However, "Tim Cooke and his friends" were right in their argument and SK looked like a bitch when he couldn't respond to any point made.

Also, not reviewing RAW because it is a shitty show is no excuse. If he insists on writing shitty recaps, he should be forced to watch shitty wrestling. He gives the shit too much credit and never does justice to the great stuff. he sucks .

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Now I might be all kinds of crazy mistaken but isnt Scott Keith a douchebag with poor social skills and limited proper grooming?

Now yall gots to let me know, arn't they're some good recappers people could be reading?

I've always maintained that Scott Keith's success has more to do with the fact that he's reviewed more US footage than anyone else. If we can ever find a good reviewer to step up and cover *all* of the WCW and WWF PPVs, and most of the TV, he'll become an afterthought rather quickly. As it is, he's too convenient to be irrelevant, and that's the only reason he's still as popular as he is.

I've always maintained that Scott Keith's success has more to do with the fact that he's reviewed more US footage than anyone else. If we can ever find a good reviewer to step up and cover *all* of the WCW and WWF PPVs, and most of the TV, he'll become an afterthought rather quickly. As it is, he's too convenient to be irrelevant, and that's the only reason he's still as popular as he is.

I agree about the convenience factor, and I think it's wearing off. The more sites SK jumps to for whatever reason, the less convenient any archives of his is, where people can access, yep, more U.S. show reviews than elsewhere. The last place he had this was 411, and even those archives weren't nearly as good as the old Rantsylvania ones.

He's quickly becoming an afterthought, for that reason alone. A better reviewer who could cover everything (as you said) is the nail in the coffin.

He also was reviewing all of the U.S. footage at the peak of the  wrestling boom. It also doesn't hurt that he was writing for Wrestleline which is how more than one person found their way onto the wrestling internet scene. I know rob and I are two guys who came on that route.

That would make three of us who came on that route.

He's always been at the right place at the right time, and has a knack for leaving a site just when they're about to go down the shitter.

The question remains, if it's all a matter of him having the largest body of work for US wrestling, why hasn't someone with an equal sized collection come around and do it better?

The match review folder here has at least 5 people off the top of my head who have tape collections that probably rival his and do a much better job reviewing.

Dude, it may not seem like it but some of us actually have lives. I mean, think about it. I would venture to say none of us look as horrible as that guy and none of us have probably had as many dry spells as him... maybe.

I watch and record wrestling obsessively and I bet my life is still more active than his has ever been. I post on this message board like mad but I bet my social life is still healthier.

Not to belabor a point that has been made many times, but speaking of that, I don't think anyone would care what Scott Keith looked like if he didn't talk so much shit and make himself out to be too cool for the room. I typically have a problem with people trashing someone for their appearance, but in Scott's case, it's only because of the medicine he dispenses. Anyway, I know all this has been said a million times before, and I don't want to drive this into the ground. I hate even talking about him at this point honestly, but considering how many readers he has and how often he gets namedropped, it's bound to happen sometimes.

Exactly! Hell, how many times has that fat f**k insulted someone's appearance to end up looking like he does. When I first read articles on the net abut wrestling I had no idea that the majority of those guys were overweight pimply nerds. I really thougt they would be just normal looking joes. How wrong was I? There is a reason a trash talker like Hyatte never shows his face.

Loss is right. Huge archive of reviews during the late 90's boom. He did make me laugh in his ECW ONS review that Rey Jr. should have been replaced by London. I love London but that isn't the solution. The solution would have been to have a 15 minute, 2/3 falls match, with just spots, fucking off WWE spots. And Rey was still injured, so who knows how that would have turned out.

Tim

Guest teke184

It probably would have been best to put the luchadors in a tag team match due to Rey's injuries.

It would have been better for Juvy to replace Rey since Juvy and Psicosis did have at least one match in ECW after Juvy got bounced from WCW. Juvy's already under WWE contract anyway, so it shouldn't have been a big deal.

Honestly, there was a time when Scott's work stood out. I started out reading the threads at RSPW (anyone else remember when usenet was popular?), and Scott's work was at the very least intelligable and easy to read. It helped that it did not appear fanboyish like many posts appeared in those days.

I confess I still read Scott's work, usually for a recap and not a review. Since I almost never see Pay-Per-View live, I need a quick review where I can digest the results. Scott scrapping the PBP is the worst thing he can do, in my opinion.

My question. Who do you guys read on the net for good, current wrestling reviews?

My question.  Who do you guys read on the net for good, current wrestling reviews?

Off the top of my head, I'll read Tom and Phil's Workrate Reports from DVDVR, Dean Rasmussen if he feels like doing a Workrate Report rather than a Comic like he does these days for Smackdown, Chris Coey's reviews, and reviews here, specifically goodhelmet's, Loss' and Tim Cooke's. I'll also read Tim's stuff at DVDVR as well. That pretty much covers everything these days.