Pro Wrestling Only

Least favorite moments in wrestling

I know there are a ton of them...

Katie Vick

The unsatisfying finish to Angle-Trips

The three new guys losing at Fully Loaded 2000 etc.

I don't want this to turn into a wrestlecrap thread because there are dozens of wrestlecrap moments that are some of my favorite moments. However, what angle or finish or match made you embarassed to be a wrestling fan? Or, what angle, match, or finish upset ou because of the outcome?

So far, I have been watching about 10 hours of NWA tv, and by far, the worst thing this company did in this time was the scaffold matches between the MX and the Road Warriors. Just a horrible idea that was horribly executed.

Tully Blanchard pinning Ricky Steamboat at Starrcade 84. This is the mark in me where my least favorite wrestler beats my favorite. It sucks.

Honkytonk Man pinning Steamboat for the IC title. At the time, I thought it was a fluke to give HTM a little bit of a rub and Steamer would win it back. then he disappeared. That sucked.

Guest Dazed

Foley's loss in the Hell in a Cell with HHH. I honestly had no idea who would be winning this, and just because I love the guy, I was gutted to see Mick go :(

Any time over the last three or so years where HHH looks to be defeated in a big match, only or Flair to interfere and the quick Pedigree to finish. Leaves a sour taste every time.

When HHH convincingly beat Booker T, which seemed to verify the "black people are inferior" theme that was the buildup.

Lita's promo when she challenged Chyna to a match and ended up sounding like a little girl pretending to be a grownup.

Hulk Hogan beating every heel in WCW in the triple cage match.

I know that's a Wrestlecrap moment as well, but having one old guy (Savage was pretty much a non-factor) beat your entire roster exposed the business more than anything I've ever seen.

Guest CanadianChick

I was embarrassed to be a fan during the "Molly is a fatass" angle. It was downright disgusting and no where near the truth.

Guest Cam Chaos

Bischoff stalking Linda McMahon.

Brock kissing Angle, Angle squeezing Brock's ass.

Chyna being marketed as a sex symbol.

Anything rape or abortion related, with the possible exception of Pillman's skits with Marlena which were pretty well played out.

My least favourite moment is probably from a show I was at. I was at the Smackdown a couple days after WrestleMania X8, where the main event was Rock vs. Nash. It was the match where, yep, X-Pac does a run-in to a silent reaction.

Other least favourite moments. HHH going over Jericho and Booker two straight WMs, Hogan prevailing at WM9, Survivor Series 97, "Molly is a fatass", Trish barking like a dog, and Benoit losing the World title to Orton last year. There's more, but those are the ones that jump to my head right now.

Pretty much anything they did with Molly was tough to watch, the fatass angle, the "prude virgin who wears granny panties" angle, not to mention strapping her to a chair and shaving her head at one of the most heavily pushed Manias ever.

Guest Cam Chaos

The funniest thing is quite a lot of guys thought she was cute when she started off as Crash's cousin and maintained that affection throughout her embarassing moments which to me left the whole thing lacking in credibility. It's not like she was Bertha Faye, Aja Kong or even Bull Nakano in terms of the fat and butch stakes.

I can name a ton of shit from just recently. Hedeinreich, Matt Morgan, Gene Snitsky & Viscera all having jobs. Molly Holly, Gail Kim, Nidia & Jazz all getting fired effectively killing off the women's division, while we're still stuck with people like Lita.

Jamie Knoble losing his job upset me. I know he asked for it because he felt he should be punished but it still bothered me. Matt Hardy was disheartening to hear too.

WWE signing Nova, sending him to OVW forever, then bringing him up as fucking Simon Dean.

Hogan returning just to squash Hassan. Austin returning just to squash Hassan. Teasing the split of Hassan and Daivari after they'd only been together for about a month.

The Diva Search. The Diva Search having a sequel. The Diva Search losers getting jobs anyway. Christy wrestling on Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania from this year. Eddie Guerrero's performance at One Night Stand. Batista turning into a comedic face and getting new music.

I think I was the most upset over the blowoff to both Stephanie/HHH/Angle & Jericho/Trish.

1/17/00 - Watching Nitro open with Kidman and Psicosis going more than 2 minutes and knowing something was terribly wrong. As much as Russo totally sucked his first time around, he did push Benoit. Those next 11 months were absolutely pitiful for WCW.

3/19/01 - when it was realized that Bischoff wouldn't be buying WCW and McMahon would.

2001 - the WHOLE Invasion angle. Crap outside of Austin/Angle from Summerslam.

2002-present - the regression of Chris Benoit

2002-present - Old Man Flair hanging around with Trips

2004-present - reading the Oratory's love affair with HHH

WCW is the precise reason I haven't dived into this thread. We have a love-hate relationship, WCW and I, considering that 90% of my favorite moments and 90% of my least favorite moments in wrestling history came from something broadcast on TBS or in syndication.

Back in my more markish days, finding out who the Black Scorpion was and Flair's subsequent stupid bob haircut was pretty cringeworthy to me. I was embarrassed for Ric to have to be seen looking like Brandon Teena.

Guest Cam Chaos

Arnie on Smackdown (remember when Hollywood movie stars actually appeared on the shows to promote their flicks rather than just trailers?)

Robocop at Capital Combat

Ric Flair and Scott Hall in a mental ward