Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 1 month later...

Joined in progress after the commercial break. Shawn's tank top looks like something that would be in the window of one of the shops in my neighborhood.

This is either insanely heated, insanely piped or both. Shawn takes a pair of great bumps from ringside. Diesel ends up pinning Razor to win the IC title, thus beginning his megapush. And wrestling would never be the same again.

This was a six minute match and they still went to commercial break. Razor is wearing his Pepto Bismol sponsored ring gear. Michaels takes the biggest bump in the match. Make that bumps. Was a big Diesel fan right around this time so remember being very excited about this title change. Big celebration between Diesel and Shawn after.

• 1 year later...

Razor lifting Diesel up was impressive. I couldn't tell if there was any piping going on but the crowd looked heated anyway. Sort of surprised they didn't change the title on RAW.

I like changing it here...gave it more of a "You better watch everything...you never where and when things will happen.."

• 8 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-04-30-WWF-Superstars] Diesel vs Razor Ramon
  • 3 years later...

WWF Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon vs Diesel - WWF Superstars 4/30/94

Pete brings up the point I was going to say which is Diesel is unlike any IC Champion before him. Given his stature, people like him usually go straight to the top so interesting booking. I am surprised in my Scott Hall research that he lost the title so soon after Wrestlemania X but I guess given that he regained it at Summerslam it made sense to do it now so Diesel could get a bit of a run with it. 

I watched the full match and if youre going to do six minutes this was pretty damn good. It is a Kliq match so they go balls out at the start. Razor hits the ring jump starts the match. Diesel feeds him like a champ. I love how Nash registers and feeds but never bump. Nice tease on the Razor's Edge and Diesel Big Boot. We get the Nash Five Moves of Doom in the heat segment...Hiplifts in the corner, Sidewalk Slam, Snake Eyes, Stradle. The chinlock out of the break was the only part that dragged, but impressive Hall got him up on his shoulders. I didnt know that the Second Rope Steiner Bulldog was a regular Hall spot. Some good nearfalls to show Razor was on his way to winning until HBK gets involved. Michaels takes a great bump off a Hall Right and then Diesel runs into him as he taking off the turnbuckle pad and sends him flying. Hall is of course then one that eats the exposed buckle or as Vince likes to call it RAW STEEL and Jacknife new Champ. Bodyguards never really won titles. I am sure this was pretty surprising at the time. Besides the chinlock, they went balls out. Fun match. ***