Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-04-30-WCW-Saturday Night] Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Nick Bockwinkel

Loss

• 1 month later...

Bockwinkel explains why he made the decision that he made at Spring Stampede. Flair is upset at the idea that he didn't successfully defend his title at Spring Stampede, and gives the belt back if anyone has a problem with it. He and Steamboat get in a pretty heated argument and Bockwinkel promises a decision surrounding the title by the end of the show. Good segment.

I guess I missed that the Stampede finish was so controversial. It does get us a pretty good segment between Flair an Steamboat with talk about another match. So that's good to me. Flair handing over the title was a bit surprising. He seems to have abandoned his heelish ways for now.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bockwinkel explains in greater detail his decision at Spring Stampede--the benefit of the doubt always goes to the champion. Bockwinkel announces that the title is held up and promises further news "later," but Flair is out and demands answers NOW. Hey, a fighting heel champion. Steamboat rebuts, and he's come off pretty whiny ever since that decision was announced.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-04-30-WCW-Saturday Night] Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Nick Bockwinkel