Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-06-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair

Loss

• 2 months later...

Gene Okerlund calls the Hogan signing the biggest day in WCW history. Flair takes exception to this, being synonymous with WCW and all. He's all fired up, and justifiably so. He says the bigger deal than Hogan is Flair vs Sting in a unification match. Flair says he's nothing until he's wrestled Austin, Flair, Anderson, Sting and others, he's nobody. While I enjoyed this, there are small cracks in the armor. Let's see how much longer Flair is Flair.

Bravo to Flair for completely caling out Okerlund for lusting after Hogan soon to debut in WCW. Flair thinks him versus Sting is more important and that Hogan should work up the ladder versus other wrestlers. Okerlund doesn’t understand why Flair is so upset about Hogan coming in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Flair is pretty great here, it's obvious he couldn't wait to get into his big program with Hogan. I don't see the "crack in the armor" argument here. Flair has been hyper before, and Hogan showing up allows Flair to get back into full heel mode for the first time since he left WWF.

• 1 year later...

I think there's a disconnect between the dates and which Flair promo is which, but okay, I'll go with the thread I haven't posted in yet. Flair is interviewed by Schiavone here, and he's trying to reign himself in after his tantrum last week. That lasts for about 30 seconds before he's worked up again, this time about Sting calling himself the "Franchise." Have to side with Ric on that one. "WHO'S...HULK...HOGAN?!" Flair offers to smack around Stallone and Mr. T before begging Hogan to appear at the Clash.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-06-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair