Pro Wrestling Only

Fact or Fiction?

Guest Alfdogg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to think either there's truth to the Savage-Stephanie thing or that the people in charge of the WWE (read: HHH) think it's true.

He's insane enough that I could see him doing it, and there has to be a reason he's never been back to the WWF/E even in a cameo appearance.

I was reading the F4W flashback on the Observer page, and noticed he mentioned something in passing that Nash said about OVW trainers that got a lot of people riled up. Do you know what was said, specifically?

He said that the trainers in OVW were useless since they never drew any money. Alvarez refuted the point by saying drawing money has nothing to do with training wrestlers. Rumors are Nash got this idea from HHH, who was saying the same thing about OVW. Dave Batista might have also said something similar

I don't get what Batista has up his ass about OVW. They trained him, built him up into a monster, gave him a run with their belt. The WWE made him D-Von's assistant preacher and HHH lackey until finally giving him a main event push.

I'm guessing he's just parrotting HHH's opinion, but if Hunter thinks OVW is so shitty why do they still use them to train?

Meltzer mentioned in his news update today that what Chyna said about her release from WWE wasn't entirely accurate in that fluff article she did recently. So, how exactly did that play out? I know about the HHH/Steph thing, but what happened from there?

didn't she want to be paid like a top guy and Jim Ross quickly (and publicly) ceased negotations. I always saw it as a mainly money deal. As far as the love triangle, Stephanie claimed on the Stern show that when she found out HHH was still living in Chyna's house, that she ended their relationship. Then when H and Chyna finally broke up, they got together again for good. Basically, Hunter claims that he and Chyna were done when he started seeing Steph, and Chyna claims they were engaged (which H has denied) and Hunter cheated on her.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Chyna and Hunter were still together when he started seeing Stephanie. They might have been engaged, but if they were then not even their friends knew it, so that part of it appears to be a Chyna fantasy.

With her contract, Chyna wanted main event money and to wrestle the men. The WWF didn't agree, and negotiations stopped soon after that.

I'm bored. Someone ask questions.

Tell us something you think we probably don't know about the following people (ie - refused to do a job, had an angle changed, had heat with someone else at one point, etc)

Ric Flair

Bret Hart

Randy Savage

HHH

Shawn Michaels

Lex Luger

The Steiners

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Tell us something you think we probably don't know about the following people (ie - refused to do a job, had an angle changed, had heat with someone else at one point, etc)

Ric Flair

Bret Hart

Randy Savage

HHH

Shawn Michaels

Lex Luger

The Steiners

Ric Flair

With Sting out of the picture in early 1990, was asked to drop the NWA Title to Lex Luger on at least two occasions, but refused, saying he'd promised Sting he'd get the belt next, and also citing some contract provision, that I think required some sort of written notice of a title change request.

Bret Hart

Refused to beat Rocky Maivia cleanly in 1997, because he felt it would do too much damage.

Randy Savage

The angle at the end of a Nitro in 1999 where he slapped Torrie Wilson was his own idea, and got him a ton of heat.

HHH

When Ric Flair was having his contract dispute with Eric Bischoff, went on a radio show and ran down Flair, calling him too old, and said he should retire. When doing a newspaper interview, he was asked about UFC, and he said, "Don't you know that stuff's fake ?"

Shawn Michaels

When Bill Watts was in the WWF in 1995, went up to Bill to complain about Bill fining him during a stay in Mid-South. Watts replied with, "Well, did I fine you again ?". Michaels said no, and Watts then said, "Well, you learned your lesson then, didn't you ?"

Lex Luger

While Big Lazy had power in WCW, Lex would constantly get him to book Flair in stupid angles to drive him nuts, over revenge for the Flair not dropping the NWA Title to him.

The Steiners

Were paid $1,500 a piece per date in ECW.

Haven't Rock and Michaels had other problems too? I know Rock has never really cared for him that much because of a variety of things that happened earlier in his career, but the story you mentioned is the only one I really know. And what was the reasoning behind Shawn getting in that line in that promo in 2002 that Rock has held HHH down in the company all these years?

I still don't get why Flair forever gets a pass for never letting Luger have a run with the title when he was the hottest thing in the business.

1990 I can understand, but 1988 there's no excuse for. That's probably the only black mark against him that I think is legitimate, in terms of refusing to do what's right for business.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Haven't Rock and Michaels had other problems too? I know Rock has never really cared for him that much because of a variety of things that happened earlier in his career, but the story you mentioned is the only one I really know. And what was the reasoning behind Shawn getting in that line in that promo in 2002 that Rock has held HHH down in the company all these years?

Problems with Shawn and Rock are more to do with Hunter and Rock, with both of them vying for the top spot, and Shawn, being a friend of Hunter, wanted him for the spot, and it was actually Shawn who wanted Bret to beat Rock clean, no doubt hoping it would take Rock down a peg or two.

Shawn's line from 2002 about Rock holding Triple H down was a fake shoot type of deal, done just to make people think Shawn was shooting.

Dusty was the booker in 1988, not Flair, so if anyone is to blame for Luger not getting the belt at that time it's Dusty. It should be noted that when the blow up between Dusty and Turner execs happened leading into Starrcade of that year, it was ordered from above that Flair was to beat Luger cleanly in the main event, but Flair didn't want to, so cheated to win, in a finish that wasn't what was wanted or really booked.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

I've heard that before and it doesn't make sense considering Luger was Dusty's boy from Florida. Why wouldn't Dusty push him to the top?

Dusty was a firm believer in having heel champions being chased by babyface challengers. Dusty himself made a ton of money being the babyface chaser to a heel Ric Flair. He did the same basic scenario of a babyface chasing a heel with Windham as well as Luger, and many others.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Dusty was the booker in 1988, not Flair, so if anyone is to blame for Luger not getting the belt at that time it's Dusty.

But, didn't Flair have veto power over his title changes at the time?

I may not be thinking of the same era of history here, but I seem to recall hearing that Dusty would try to book Flair to drop the belt to Luger, and Flair would say no. And they just kept doing this, until Dusty booked Flair to lose the belt to someone in like, 2 minutes, and Flair basically said "fuck off."

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

The deal with Flair being booked to drop the NWA belt to Luger came after Dusty left, and was talked about a few posts back, and it was basically Flair refusing because he had long since promised to drop the belt to Sting.

Dusty wanting Flair to drop the belt to Rick Steiner was down to Dusty wanting rid of Flair, and he felt that by putting Flair in the ring with Steiner, a legit tough guy at the time, Flair wouldn't dare try to mess around.