Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-08-29-WWF-Summerslam] The Undertaker vs The Undertaker

Loss

• 2 months later...

I'll never forget Vince trying to spin the crowd being totally dead for this as , "THIS CROWD IS SHOCKED AND SILENT IN AWE OF THE SIGHT OF TWO UNDERTAKERS!"

:lol:

That was hilarious. IIRC, they had further plans with Lee as FakerTaker, and promoted Taker's upcoming Raw matches as 'Paul Bearer's Undertaker' and such. But with the crickets in the response to the match, that got nixed quick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually good filming job not making it totally ridiculous to see Lee's face and know who the real Taker is until he pins him. I still don't know what Ted's excuse is as he looked like an idiot clearly backing someone he knew was not the real Taker. Just an ill fated angle that they pulled the plug on mercifully after this.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I still don't know what Ted's excuse is as he looked like an idiot clearly backing someone he knew was not the real Taker. Just an ill fated angle that they pulled the plug on mercifully after this.

That was the part that they really needed to explain better. Did DiBiase know he was bringing in a fake Taker? If so, why was he going ballistic when his Taker first saw Paul Bearer and looked to be going back to him? Was Underfaker playing Ted? Who was Underfaker? Just some guy who happened to have a trench coat and gloves that decided to step up after the Royal Rumble? It was a neat concept (for a guy like me who likes the goofy Taker stuff) but the execution left a lot to be desired.

• 1 year later...

Full match is a Worst Match of the Year candidate, albeit not as long as the Night the Line Was Crossed. This featured an almost legendarily silent crowd, but by the time we join in they're actually pretty vocal--so I guess kudos go to both guys. Nothing about this storyline or build ever made sense and the climax, from the match finish to the Nielsen/Kennedy postscript, answers no questions.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-08-29-WWF-Summerslam] The Undertaker vs The Undertaker