Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-09-04-WCW-Main Event] Arn Anderson & Bunkhouse Buck vs Ricky Steamboat & Dustin Rhodes

Loss

• 2 months later...

And ... another fun match from this feud. Steamboat gets worked over by Arn and Buck. They keep the pace up, work the tag formula and deliver a solid effort. Terry Funk trips Dustin to give the Stable the win, but Sting comes out to let the referee know what happened, and the decision gets reversed.

Fun match as you would expect with these guys involved. I presume this is the official end of Steamboat matches on the set. Studd Stable gets involved allowing Anderson to get involved. They do the dumb reverse decision when Sting comes down to tell the referee what happened. Such an inconsistent thing that annoys me when happens.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a decent and fun little tag match. Steamboat gets worked over by Arn and Buck for most of the match. Dustin gets the hot tag and is getting some offense on Arn when Terry Funk trips him up for the Studd Stable victory. Sting comes out and shows the ref Terry Funk who had hid under the ring and was crawling to the back. The decision is reversed and Dustin and Steamboat are given the win instead. Fun stuff.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice to see this little footnote to Steamer's career. I don't like the reverse decisioning stuff, but this was fun. Buck clobbering Steamboat from the apron was a great transition spot. For some reason I really, really want to see Steamboat vs. Buck in singles.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-09-04-WCW-Main Event] Arn Anderson & Bunkhouse Buck vs Ricky Steamboat & Dustin Rhodes