Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-10-02-WCW-Main Event] Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Dave Sullivan & Mr T

Loss

• 2 months later...

Hogan gives some magic slippers to Dave Sullivan for help in his match against Flair. He mentions in the pre match promo that these were the same boots he wore when he slammed 700 lb Andre the Giant. Good bless his soul! That body slam killed him. Dave Sullivan is a mindless Hulkamaniac.

Flair does a promo talking about teaching Dave Sullivan a lesson. Evad out for another interruption. This is getting ridiculous. He believes he could have beat Flair. Flair does a five count with is back turned and Hogan's music blaring. Here's Hogan! He wants to team with Dave Sullivan against Flair. Ric's career is now being put on the line in this tag match.

An amateur photog catches Flair and Mr T. together on the street. They blow off some punk kid looking for a autograph.

Recap of the previous Sunday's Main Event. Hogan tells Dave Sullivan how much he loves him and him gives him an autographed photo. How nice. He also gives him a pair of wrestling boots that he says he was wearing when he signed Andre the Giant in front of 94,000 people. Zane Bresloff Dave Meltzer blah blah blah. So later in the show, Flair and Sherri did a number on Hogan until Hogan comes out and makes the save. Hogan can do a number on Flair even while tearing his shirt. The masked man shows up, but Brutus shows up to run him off. Kevin ends up hitting Dave and then getting into it with Hogan.

This week, we get a promo from Flair and Sherri to respond, and Sherri does indeed look like she went on a heavy drug binge. Dave interrupts Flair yet again and I'm actively rooting for him to get beat up now. Sherri is pissed when she sees him, and rightfully so. Flair says he's going to break Hogan's leg if he doesn't disappear after Flair counts to five. Hogan comes out to Flair's surprise, which I guess means Flair couldn't hear his entrance music.

Anyway, Hogan/Dave vs Flair/Partner is set up for next week, under the condition that Flair will also put his career on the line at Havoc. Flair agrees to the stip, but video would make that pretty easily unenforcable in any court, as he was clearly coerced. These segments are infuriating.

Finally, Mr. T and Flair are spotted entering Michael Jordan's restaurant in Chicago together. (Hey, that's my hood!)

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is so sad to watch now in this company. A mentally handicapped man is the biggest fan of the organization's new top star. What more can I say? And then Flair is cheated into agreeing to put his career on the line as well. Crummy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is godawful. The only thing that makes sense is that you have to be a retard to be a Hulkamaniac at this point. Magic slippers.... This is embarrassing. And really, Flair agrees to put his career on the line in exchange of what ? A tag match against Hogan and Dave Sullivan on the Main Event ? WTF ? Nothing here makes sense, everything is stupid, everything is horrible. I knew this was gonna be bad, I never guessed it would be THAT GODWAFUL. Seriously. This is evidently the lowest era ever of WCW so far. Makes WCW mid 1993 look like Zenjo from the same time period.

• 1 year later...

Andre is indeed 700 pounds, but Hogan sticks to a plausible "94,000" attendance number. Flair then fails to defeat Dave Sullivan, and gets bitched out some more by Hogan. The masked man attempts to help, but Beefcake(!) fights him off (?!). Did they still expect Mr. Perfect at this point? Kevin Sullivan does not approve of all this. Not on this clip but I always loved his grilling of Hogan after the match: "I have just one thing to ask you--WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?"

Anyway, Flair is out for an interview and Evad is out to interrupt AGAIN. Why can't this fucker mind his own business for once? The big issue here is that Evad would have beaten Flair with the help of his magic slippers if Sherri hadn't interfered. What a way to build Flair for the biggest PPV match in company history. Flair is actually pretty good as an exasperated parent/teacher, but before he has a chance to mercifully break Evad's leg, Hogan is out. Hogan offers to team with Evad against Flair and a partner if...Flair agrees to put HIS career on the line at Havoc. Flair is on board immediately. WHAT THE FUCK?? What the hell is possibly in this for Flair?

Yeah, this is awful on almost all counts. I still want to know what kind of "in" the goddamned Equalizer had to get this level of TV time, killing off the heat of all kinds of valuable heel assets. Even the pushes of Duggan, Honky Tonk, et al are way more understandable.

Oh, Flair and T were spotted together in Chicago. Smell the intrigue. In 1996 they probably would have pulled the trigger and actually done a T heel turn.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-10-02-WCW-Main Event] Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Dave Sullivan & Mr T