Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-11-07-WWF-Raw] Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart

Loss

• 2 months later...

Pretty crazy to think that Bret/Owen feud has been going on for almost a year now at this point. Owen gets press slammed to the outside and claims to have broken his arm. Such a small looking building they are in. Bret vs Anvil has me wondering if this is the first time they have faced off. A bit too chinlocky at times. Owen and Neidhart use the Hart Attack on Davey Boy. Nice touch. Lawler gets in his Stu/Helen joke. Smith taps to a camel clutch. Well, not really. Ending isn't the cleanest but Bret gets Neidhart to tap to the sharpshooter. Good match but part of me wanted more out of this.

Pretty run of the mill compared to the Clique tag. Wrestled more like a house show match than a heated TV match in a hot feud. It's clear the WWF was done with Bret/Owen on top at this point, considering that they started putting them against each other on television. Even Bret's hot tag doesn't get much of a reaction, which is weird, because this same crowd was pretty hot for Bret/Kid a few months later. It's easy to see why Vince decided to go in a different direction. Bret as champ just wasn't clicking.

• 3 weeks later...

This was a pretty good match. There were some nice cut off spots and good near falls. The match fell flat though as there was no real heat. That's too bad because with a little more effort and great heat this could have been a really good match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not nearly as spectacular as the Clique tag but I thought this was a pretty well-laid-out, well-worked southern-style tag match. But, the lack of crowd heat is un-ignorable--Bret doesn't get much reaction for the hot tag despite working a good house-afire sequence, and there's not much pop for the Sharpshooter or the submission either. From a pure work standpoint, though, swap out the Anvil for somebody better and you'd really have something. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the WWF didn't do just that soon enough...

• GSR changed the title to [1994-11-07-WWF-Raw] Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart