Pro Wrestling Only

Buddy Landel

JerryvonKramer

• 2 months later...

Didn't see anyone mention his GWF run yet, but I'm watching the beginning of the GWF and his work on the first few shows has been incredible so far. Has had the most entertaining matches and promos on every show he's been on in the first 6 shows. Looking at future cards it doesn't seem like his run there was very long which is a shame.

He has a match with Gary Young on the 3rd episode of GWF that is all based around Landel working with the ref. Gary Young is pretty much the 3rd man in the match as Landel twice does a spot where he clubs the ref in the back while the ref is breaking up he and Young in the corner, each time making it look like Young's fault. As good as Buddy is at this time period, I think he really is a guy that was made for the territories. I'm not sure I see his schtick working in early 90s WCW or WWF.

I like Budro but if you put him and Flair together, it's obvious who's better, and it's not Buddy. I can't think of anything that Buddy does better than Flair. Buddy really blew it in his first run which really hurt him because that was the most important run. Had he not screwed up, he may have had a run there, but by 1990, it was too obvious who the rip off was. He really should have went with a different gimmick.

I think being the "other" Nature Boy just became part of his schtick. When he is interviewed in GWF it's not like they ignore the fact that there is another Nature Boy, it just gives Buddy something else to run his mouth about during interviews.

• 5 months later...

Didn't see anyone mention his GWF run yet, but I'm watching the beginning of the GWF and his work on the first few shows has been incredible so far. Has had the most entertaining matches and promos on every show he's been on in the first 6 shows. Looking at future cards it doesn't seem like his run there was very long which is a shame.

Yeah, Buddy owned the GWF. Easily his best stuff.

• 1 year later...