Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Gary Young and Medicine Man attack Eric Embry and Percy Pringle while Akbar directs traffic. Percy juices. Akbar grinds some type of object into Percy's forehead. Dustin Rhodes, Jimmy Jack Funk and Matt Borne hit the ring to run them off.

After the commercial break, Akbar cuts a promo telling Embry if he thinks he can run Devastation Inc out of the USWA, he's dead wrong.

Next, we have Gary Young in a squash against James Rapp. Embry is back out and interrupts the squash with a promo. He warns Rapp to get out of the ring unless he wants to take an asskicking too, then rushes the ring and goes after both guys. The heels outnumber him and are beating him down until Percy Pringle makes a valiant return with his head bandaged and slinging his cowboy boot at anything that moves.

Fun stuff. The glory days of the feud are over, and Embry's USWA run this time around was short-lived, but this is good while it lasts.

Medicine Man is Chris Youngblood, apparently. I figured as much. He, Gary Young, and Akbar put a beatdown on Eric Embry and Percy Pringle, with Pringle juicing. Akbar cuts a promo afterward challenging Embry to a tag match--Embry & Percy vs. Akbar & Young.

Embry runs in on a Young squash, and temporarily fights off both Young and Akbar before the numbers get to him, but Percy Pringle does a run-in whipping everybody with his boot. Fired-up babyface promo follows. I'm still not a great fan of Skandor Akbar but Pringle continues to shine in the tough, thankless role of babyface manager, which is never easy to pull off.

Did the teased Embry/Adams feud just die on the vine by this point?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a bit of a step backward in time, but it's a fun one. I thought we settled this issue back at the end of the Texas '80s set, but this stirs the coals a bit.

Agree on Percy doing a fine job as a face manager. Too many of them forget how to be managers; they lose their mic skills when they turn because all of their talk comes from being obnoxious and insulting. Of course, Percy has an easy target in the anti-American Akbar. He could move a bit in his lighter days, too.

Was the trip Embry supposedly took "to the insane asylum" a cover for his departure once he lost the book?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

The end of an Eric Embry vs Medicine Man match and Gary Young interferes for the DQ. The two of them double team Embry and Skandor Akhbar prevents Percy Pringle from coming to Embry’s aid. Pringle is dragged into the ring and it’s three on two in Devastation Inc.’s favour. Akhbar puts on some brass knux and throws a couple of horrid looking punches to Pringle who blades himself. Young attacks referee Tony Falk, they spike piledrive Embry and continue to triple team the two of them. Akhbar grinds something into Pringle’s forehead, Young chokes Embry with the whip and finally Dustin Rhodes, Jimmy Jack Funk and Matt Borne (in a jumper several sizes too big for him!) make the save and run Devastation Inc. off.

Akhbar and Young interview follows, with Akhbar saying how after all the beatings and all the humiliation, Eric Embry and Percy Pringle have started a movement to remove Devastation Inc. from the USWA. Akhbar does all the talking here (it’s because Gary Young is fired up!) and tells Embry and Pringle if they turn up on Friday night to face he and Young, he’s going to beat the living daylights out of them. When you step in the ring with Devastation Inc. you have to be prepared to pay the consequences.

Next up Gary Young is scheduled to face James Rapp when Embry comes to ringside and gets a mic off Marc Lowrance. He says that they’ve hurt Percy Pringle real bad and probably feel really good about it. He doesn’t care what anybody does to him, but Pringle is part of his family and if you lay a finger on his family you’re going to have to answer to him. He tells Rapp to get out of the ring for his own wellbeing, then gets in himself and goes after Young. Akhbar gets involved and Embry is handling the two of them at first until Devastation Inc. get an advantage. Young with a single armed DDT, when out from the back runs a bandaged up Pringle who starts hitting the heels with his cowboy boot until they flee the ring.

Embry finally promises to beat Akhbar from one side of the Sportatorium to the other on Friday night, and he doesn’t care what he’s got to do to in order to do it, because you don’t touch family!

I was torn on this. I like Embry and Pringle was pretty good here (especially on his selling and the run in save), but Devastation Inc. has that ‘go away’ heat for me. I’d personally rather see Embry feud with anyone but this group. I also didn’t know who Medicine Man was until reading this thread, but did think he looked like one of the Renegade Warriors.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-03-24-USWA-Championship Sports] Eric Embry and Devastation Inc.