Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-09-08-USWA-Championship Sports] Jeff Jarrett & Kamala and Devastation Inc.

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An impeccably dressed Jeff Jarrett recounts the singed flesh falling from his face as a result of Akbar's fireball. Devastation, Inc. corners Jarrett in the corner but take their sweet time getting started on the beatdown, allowing Kamala time to come in for the save. Interesting to see that Kamala was utilized as a babyface before the YOU ARE A MAN stuff. There was potential in such a character, especially in this setting without the heavy-handedness of the WWF or Kamala being portrayed as a retard in the most literal sense of the term.

Jarrett has been taught by Lawler how to throw fire!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This didn't look all that slow to me. If I hadn't read this thread beforehand, I don't think I would have noticed that Ak and company were stalling.

Loss can rest easy; Jeff's calling Ak "General Akbar" now.

One small note, although it obviously won't matter going forward: They're treating Kamala like he was Jeff's special find, which I guess he was in this case. But where's the acknowledgement that Kamala was at one time the centerpiece of Devastation Inc.? You'd think Ak would have been all over this, claiming that only he knows how to control Kamala and making threats to "bring him home" during the following week's tag match. Of course, now that they're off TV it hardly matters, as I just said.

I'm curious: Did Jarrett run any more cards in Dallas once his TV was gone, or did Kevin take over right after this?

• 1 year later...

Jeff Jarrett joins Craig Johnson and he’s got a plaster on his cheek from the fireball that Akhbar threw at him. He tells the General that he’s probably watched that video of him burning his face over and over, but this Friday he’s going to get a taste of his own medicine. Devastation Inc. head out and Jarrett says how it’s always the same old story, it’s got to be three-on-one. He takes his jacket and shirt off and Devastation start stalking him around the ring. Jarrett gets in the ring, they have him cornered and start attacking him. Kamala makes the save, but he’s not exactly rushing as he makes his way down the aisle. The two of them clear the ring of Devastation Inc. and Cactus tries to get back in there but is held back by Gary Young. Jarrett then tells Devastation to bring is on Friday night, Jerry Lawler has taught him how to throw that fire and he guarantees that it’s going to be hot!

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-09-08-USWA-Championship Sports] Jeff Jarrett & Kamala and Devastation Inc.