Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1990-11-10-NWA-Pro] Danger Zone: Stan Hansen

Hansen hates Lex Luger. Him and Motor City Man do have some things in common. Luger has two men to worry about now but he will have to seal with Hansen first. Paul E was doing his best to avoid spit from Hansen.

Apparently Stan's given up tobacco on interviews, though Paul still didn't want to get spit on. That's the best wrestling-related news I've heard all day!

I liked how Stan put over the Madman; he certainly didn't have to, since other than having Luger as a common enemy the two of them have nothing to do with each other. I think a Stan/Heyman combination could have made quite a few waves, but they're also effective as temporary, reluctant allies. I wish Stan's schedule would have allowed him to do more as U.S. champion, because he's starting to fit in with WCW well now that he's less of a cartoon.

I like the more toned down Hansen character here as well. I'm pretty sure Japan was his main focus at this point and it would have taken a big commitment from one of the Big 2 to get him away from that.