Pro Wrestling Only

Survivor Series Thoughts

goodhelmet

Explains the mess they are in now.

As was said, they can't fire Cameron, because they have let too many men get away with it. You do not go from fighting Big Show evenly to jobbing to Heath Slater, without something going on.

I'd say it's more of a "Brodus just isn't that good and should be where he is now" deal rather than "Easily replaceable chick can't be punished for dui so Brodus is a mid carder now" deal. If anything, Brodus' deal with Show was step #1 in them successfully repackaging Show as a killer. They built up Brodus beyond his skill, then fed him to Show to help Show, and now he's settled into a mid card role as the fun guy who dances with the kids, but an still kick some ass.

I don't disagree with what you are saying Johnny, but I can't be the only person who thinks it's odd that they felt the need to feed anyone to Show at this point in Show's career.

I also think it's really odd that they appear to have used Tyson Kidd as a way to completely bury Tensai rather than a way to elevate Kidd. That might have been the weirdest thing they've done on tv all year actually.

Never saw Brodus as a long term or high up the card guy in WWE myself. Thought it was a sweet gig though cause after he gets future endevored it's the type of gimmick he'll be able to milk to death forever on indies and WWE likes to bring back every so often for nostalgia runs.

I also think it's really odd that they appear to have used Tyson Kidd as a way to completely bury Tensai rather than a way to elevate Kidd. That might have been the weirdest thing they've done on tv all year actually.

Wrestler A going over Wrestler B to show how weak wrestler B is with no intention of elevating A has always been a long time WWE staple. My "favorite" example was always the time Ric Flair jobbed clean to Rico.

Watched this yesterday

Thought Show vs Sheamus was a great match & the best one on the show, didn't think it was slow or plodding at all. Wasn't planing on getting HIAC but i'm gonna track it down now just to see their first which most ppl seem to think was better.

Opener was really good too, 2nd best match of the show. Outside of the messed up suplex spot I didn't think Tensai or Brodus looked bad at all & everyone else was on point.

Team Ziggler vs Team Foley was good but nothing special, little too much of a by the numbers WWE big match for me. Never needed to see Del Rio hit another step up enzugiri in my life after this match.

3 Way was a lot better then I exspected. Ryback impressed me in a "he was perfectly competent" sorta way. Hopefully after he moves away from Punk they'll give him someone good enough to drag longer singles matches outta him on the house show loop with out too much smoke & mirrors. I think he actually has a lot of potential to improve as a worker but 2 min squashes won't help him much in that department.

Rest of the show sucked with that hour between the first match & Show/Sheamus being horribly brutal to sit through. I'm all for giving women's wrestling time but Kaitlyn/Eve needed to be like a minute tops.

Brodus is just getting the classic WWE humbling depush. So's Otunga for what it's worth. You get highlighted for a while and then you get shoved down the card so you don't end up with a big head like Brock.

I don't see Otunga as being depushed, if anything he's in a plum spot. He's a JTTS, but he doesn't lose to anybody beneath him on TV, and generally is used to put over the big stars like Sheamus, Cena, Orton etc. They have him in a spot where he interacts with lots of the main players, and gets involved with the "power brokers" so to speak. He gets a decent amount of TV time in skits and angles, and heck, he's even the face of the TLC ads. He's entertaining as a character but not very good in the ring, so I feel like he's actually used pretty well considering his limitations

Brodus is a gimmick with a short shelf life. He's opening match, entertain the kids at house shows fodder. There's nothing wrong with that spot. If at some point he improves in ring and they're more confident in his work, he'd get a nice boost from a heel turn. I think they may have wanted to give him a bigger push at one point, but his work was pretty sloppy