Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-01-19-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair / Interview: Sting

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sting is another one of the MAJOR Stars of that era that was below average on the mic...Never got a good, full coherent focused promo through without throwing in loud noises or how "Jacked" he was, etc.. etc...He tended to ramble through thoughts of what was going on at that time in his career storywise...

EDIT - He'd get lost in interviews, and just try to cover with something "WHoo...I am so pumped Ross...." "The Stinger is pumped!!"

• 1 year later...

Surfer dudes don't sweat things like lost titles. Besides, Sting was probably relieved to lose the title, since all he did while he had it was get himself driven crazy at the hands of a bunch of jokers with black masks and altered voices.

I agree that Sting sounded a bit unfocused, and there was no excuse for it considering that the promos were being done in front of a green screen and could be reshot if necessary, I'm guessing that he was told just to be energetic and lively and not to worry about how he sounded; Flair could always be counted on to deliver the real money promos they needed for the feud, as he did here. Hairstyle aside, he's back close to his mid-eighties peak on the mic, and WCW is much better for it.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-01-19-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair / Interview: Sting