Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-04-13-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Arn Anderson

Loss

• 2 months later...

Arn talks about how he's grateful for his time in the Horsemen, but he has missed out on as many opportunities as he has gained by being in the group. How do I not remember this? The Windham interview with Dusty felt like they may be setting up a feud. Here, it's more like they are just burying the group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think they were burying the Horsemen so much as trying to make the careers of the group more distinct. I've said before that this probably had a lot to do with Flair's contract status; they didn't want to move ahead with more plans for the group without making sure that Flair (and, to an extent, Sid) were locked up long term. Barry and Arn weren't threats to go back to Vince, so that's why their interviews took on a more individualistic tone.

Still no mention of Arn's real-life friendship with Eaton during the hype for SuperBrawl. Why was it such a big deal three years before when Dusty was booking the MX against the Horsemen, but not now when the two of them are going at it one-on-one?

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-04-13-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Arn Anderson