Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-06-15-WWF-Superstars] Funeral Parlor: Bobby Heenan & Mr. Perfect

Loss

• 3 months later...

Mr. Perfect introduces Bobby Heenan as his *former* manager, which is a pretty big bombshell. Heenan will be focusing full-time on broadcast journalism. Bearer's facial expressions while Heenan is talking are priceless, but distracting because of the dissonance between the two. The new manager? John Tolos, packaged as COACH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As a Heenan fan, not only am I sad to see him leaving ringside, I'm more perplexed than ever as to who thought using Tolos this way was a good idea. Good Lord, can't the man at least take the goddamn whistle out of his mouth so we can understand him? Are we so stupid that we need to constantly be reminded that he was supposed to be a football coach? If this was the best they could do, I agree that Curt should have gone it alone. Either that or bring Lanny back. At least he was entertaining in his own way.

The worst part was, they had JJ Dillon in the front office. If you have to replace Heenan, why not with the man who's closest in look and demeanor to him while still being an original? I think he and Curt would have been dynamite together, and of course once Flair came in the sky would have been the limit. I've heard that Vince was petrified that putting JJ back at ringside would lead to four fingers being flashed everywhere he went, but you can't tell me that that wouldn't have been better than this crap. Flair, Hennig, and Money Inc. as the Horsemen would have been as close to the original as the WWF would have ever gotten (in a world where Curt wasn't hurt, that is).

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-06-15-WWF-Superstars] Funeral Parlor: Bobby Heenan & Mr. Perfect