Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-09-26-UWFi-Moving On] Kazuo Yamazaki vs Yoji Anjo

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I liked this a little better than most of you, as Yamazaki overcame two near-knockouts to get the submission win with the ankle lock. A gutty comeback performance, and Yamazaki was still selling the effects of Anjoh's kicks to the midsection as he was leaving the ring afterward. Nothing earth-shattering, but a harmless way to kill fifteen minutes.

• 2 years later...

I thought it was at the very least a good look at two different strategies. Anjo was going in just fishing for something to work, throwing things out there willy nilly. Sometimes it worked, other times it got him caught. Yamazaki was fighting defensively and waiting for a big opening before he let loose with much. Then he started getting behind in points and had to get more aggressive. Nothing super great or even above good, but I won't say anything bad for it.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I liked this a bit more than most. I liked Anjoh's early defense, avoiding the German and keeping Yamazaki on the ground. His leg trip into the Fujiwara armbar was neat. They spend most of the match on the mat before Anjoh starts laying into Yamazaki with knees and kicks for a couple of knockdowns. There's a weird spot where Yamazaki finally hits the German suplex hold and Anjoh looks to counter that with a double wristlock but then rolls off with some delayed selling. The finish was cool too, with Anjoh trying for the rolling kneebar and Yamazaki countering with the neck crank. 

• GSR changed the title to [1991-09-26-UWFi-Moving On] Kazuo Yamazaki vs Yoji Anjo