Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-11-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Van Hammer

Loss

• 4 months later...

Jim Ross talks about the Van Hammer Tour '91. Please. He goes out of his way to discredit the music credentials of the Freebirds, while Van Hammer is a much bigger farce and he just takes him at his word. He even compliments his wardrobe. Some journalist. We do get the debut of the word VANTASTIC. I can't help but laugh every time I see this guy. Van Hammer amuses me to no end for some reason.

• 5 weeks later...

The Van Hammer Tour '91 is on its way to MY town, and yours, too. The energy from the HAMMERHEADS big and small will knock the air out of his opponent's lungs, and it's going to be VANTASTIC. Ross makes sure to repeat the word just in case this James Joyce-esque wordplay flies over less discerning viewers' heads. If Jeff Gaylord wasn't returning to Memphis right at this same moment I'd wonder if these two weren't secretly the same guy.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This is what the Ultimate Warrior would have been like if he'd taken up heavy metal. Seriously, that's who this guy reminds me of. Substitute "little Warriors" for "Hammerheads" and make the hair just a bit more blonde, and they'd be twins. Let's just hope that this guy is somewhere close to Warrior as a worker, although from his look I have my doubts.

That T-shirt didn't look like it would have fit JR in a million years.

"Vantastic" is living proof that the WWF isn't the only promotion ever to come up with an idiotic catch phrase that's destined to live in wrestling infamy.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-11-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Van Hammer