Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-11-30-USWA-Memphis TV] Tom Prichard and Eric Embry

Loss

• 4 months later...

Pritchard is about to face Embry in a loser-leaves-town match, so this is his last chance to tell everyone who Eric Embry is. Embry quickly interrupts and Pritchard dares him to fight. Eddie Marlin is out to break things up and Embry hits him from behind as he is walking away. Marlin grabs a chair to get Embry to back off. Good segment.

• 1 month later...

Embry won't put up his Southern title unless Prichard agrees to leave town if he loses. I like this feud but with this going on while Lawler is defending the Unified title against a range of freak shows, it feels like a way for Lawler or Jarrett or someone to cut both guys off.

• 11 months later...

Pritchard in a suit is usually a recipe for some good stuff and he delivers here. He gives the history of the year so far in preparation for the loser leave town match. He calls Embry a master manipulator. Embry comes out raising cane and we have a pull apart with Eddie Marlin in the middle of it. Good hype for an interesting match.

• 1 year later...

Great work from both guys, and Embry has a point: I doubt very seriously whether Dr. Tom has too many fans right now, even though he's being portrayed as the "good guy" in this situation. All the dirty deeds he's done are still too fresh in the people's minds.

Is it just me, or does Dr. Tom not only sound like Piper, but also look quite a bit like him, even with the different hairstyles of both men?

I've liked Marlin getting physically involved for the most part, but picking up a chair to break up a fight that he's not directly involved in is a bit much, even if he does hate Embry's guts. This was a job for Jeff, or maybe even Lawler.

Welcome back to the Southern heavyweight title, which has gone AWOL in recent months. I wasn't even aware that Embry had won it until Dr. Tom brought it up during their confrontation.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-11-30-USWA-Memphis TV] Tom Prichard and Eric Embry
  • 3 years later...