Pro Wrestling Only

The Kevin Nash delusions thread

Loss

Is this thread for these specific Kevin Nash delusions, or is it more of a catch-all thread?

I believe any and all Nash bullshit is allowed.

Yes. This isn't a one-time thing. It's a regularly occuring thing. So let's use this as an omnibus thread when Nash starts lying about WCW's decline, or anything else for that matter.

I'm reminded of this

Here's the part that really makes me laugh:

"He was red-hot, but I was red-hot too. I was probably the most over I ever was. They were chanting 'Goldberg Sucks' in buildings. They started pumping the Goldberg chant through the PA system. Hogan and the higher-ups were like, 'You gotta beat him.' I read in a book [The Death of WCW, by R.D. Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez] that I masterminded this thing. So let me get this straight: I beat Goldberg, then a week later, I go to the Georgia Dome and lay down for Hogan. What did that do for me? I got nothing out of it."

WWE CLASSICS: Kevin, do you have any final things to say about the "Fingerpoke of Doom" or WCW in general?

NASH: Look, if Napoleon had to do it over, I don't think he would've went to Waterloo. I don't think Custer would've went to Little Big Horn. I don't think Hitler would've went to Russia. But all those decisions were made, and that's why it's called history.

What an utterly bizarre thing to say after spending the whole piece arguing that the Fingerpoke of Doom wasn't a big deal.

He's been saying this about the Goldberg injury for so long that part of me wonders whether it's just a lie or if it really is a delusion and he actually believes that's how it happened.

My favorite Nash lie/delusion is that he didn't book himself to beat Goldberg. I wonder if he ever tried to spin the first hour of Nitro with no wrestling as a positive.

It's too bad nobody stepped up and represented Goldberg's interests throughout this. Specifically, someone above Nash and company in that particular food chain. It's been said before, but it's ridiculous how under-represented Bill was by WCW. WWF had "Austin 3:16" signs in the crowd the next night, and shirts in production by the end of that summer. It was good intuition by Vince, but it was by no means rocket science. It's either that the Turner people were really too stupid to capitalize on it, or had their hands tied by the guys making the big bucks.

I always get the impression that people didn't think that Goldberg had any long term appeal, not like somebody such as Hulk Hogan or Sting. For that reason, they were lukewarm when it came to marketing him.

Of course, it's not hard to imagine that Hogan, Nash and Flair, were all "worried" about their spots in the company when Goldberg started to take off.

• 2 weeks later...