Pro Wrestling Only

The Road to Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Smackdown last night was the typical Mania hype show it's been for a few years now, but the thing is..it was a really great hype show. If I was a lapsed fan, or someone who casually watches wrestling now and then, and I caught this show? I'd be buying Mania. It was full of cool hype videos, some cool Axxess footage, and some fun matches. The big problem is that a hype show this good should have been promoted as a "special" or some shit. Instead it was just a throwaway.

- Ryback double shellshocked Epico and Primo in a handicap match, Holy shit, it looked sick.

- JBL seems to have become one of those Republicans who are now considered moderates thanks to all the culture war/ nuts. He called Mayor Bloomberg his pal and golfing buddy.

- I still say HHH's "You made my kids cry, and it made me smile inside because now I have the reason I need to kill you Lesnar"" promo is awesome.

- The Andre statue at Axxess is fucking cool.

-The Bruno HOF video package is still great, and JBL saying that Bruno has sold out the Garden one more time was some good shit.

-FANDANGO got a segment as he's been doing the media rounds and "interrupted" Opie and Anthony

- The Punk/ Taker feud recap video ruled. The Flaming Graphic they used for 20-1 with the "1" being Punks arm and fist looked awesome.

-Rhodes Scholars and The Bellas dressed as Tons Of Funk was funny. I loved that they actually took the effort to make one of the Bella's fake booty a bit bigger than the other ones. Sandow explaining to the crowd that this spoof was meant to make a statement and that most people don't get the "finer points of satire." made me giggle.

And when Tons Of Funk came out all pissed off and ready to fight, they looked bad ass. The matching gear down to the Black Trunks and bling looks great. They're my new favorite tag team, and I'll bet the farm that they're tag champs sooner than later. I figure Hell No drops the belts to Ziggler and Big E, Hell No split up amicably with no feud, Tons Of Funk then take the belts from the heels quickly.

- I have a feeling that either before or during the Punk/ Taker match, someone..probably Vince, will make it No DQ/ No countout. So Punk doesn't have his "out" and it ruins his plan of getting Taker so mad he gets himself DQ'd.

- I also had a thought that maybe they're gonna do another "Teddy Long Mack Militant" stable thing given that Teddy and Booker keep butting heads, and Kofi and Truth were left off Mania. This could be the heel turn for Kofi that's been rumored/ reported. Then feud them with Tons of Funk for the belts.

-Swagger and Kofi had a fine match. Swagger's T Shirt is fucking great for his character, but are they actually going to try and sell it?

edit: I guess they are, hahaha..

http://shop.wwe.com/...=1&cgid=swagger

So Smackdown last night was the typical Mania hype show it's been for a few years now, but the thing is..it was a really great hype show. If I was a lapsed fan, or someone who casually watches wrestling now and then, and I caught this show? I'd be buying Mania. It was full of cool hype videos, some cool Axxess footage, and some fun matches. The big problem is that a hype show this good should have been promoted as a "special" or some shit. Instead it was just a throwaway.

- Ryback double shellshocked Epico and Primo in a handicap match, Holy shit, it looked sick.

- JBL seems to have become one of those Republicans who are now considered moderates thanks to all the culture war/ nuts. He called Mayor Bloomberg his pal and golfing buddy.

- I still say HHH's "You made my kids cry, and it made me smile inside because now I have the reason I need to kill you Lesnar"" promo is awesome.

- The Andre statue at Axxess is fucking cool.

-The Bruno HOF video package is still great, and JBL saying that Bruno has sold out the Garden one more time was some good shit.

-FANDANGO got a segment as he's been doing the media rounds and "interrupted" Opie and Anthony

- The Punk/ Taker feud recap video ruled. The Flaming Graphic they used for 20-1 with the "1" being Punks arm and fist looked awesome.

-Rhodes Scholars and The Bellas dressed as Tons Of Funk was funny. I loved that they actually took the effort to make one of the Bella's fake booty a bit bigger than the other ones. Sandow explaining to the crowd that this spoof was meant to make a statement and that most people don't get the "finer points of satire." made me giggle.

And when Tons Of Funk came out all pissed off and ready to fight, they looked bad ass. The matching gear down to the Black Trunks and bling looks great. They're my new favorite tag team, and I'll bet the farm that they're tag champs sooner than later. I figure Hell No drops the belts to Ziggler and Big E, Hell No split up amicably with no feud, Tons Of Funk then take the belts from the heels quickly.

- I have a feeling that either before or during the Punk/ Taker match, someone..probably Vince, will make it No DQ/ No countout. So Punk doesn't have his "out" and it ruins his plan of getting Taker so mad he gets himself DQ'd.

- I also had a thought that maybe they're gonna do another "Teddy Long Mack Militant" stable thing given that Teddy and Booker keep butting heads, and Kofi and Truth were left off Mania. This could be the heel turn for Kofi that's been rumored/ reported. Then feud them with Tons of Funk for the belts.

-Swagger and Kofi had a fine match. Swagger's T Shirt is fucking great for his character, but are they actually going to try and sell it?

edit: I guess they are, hahaha..

http://shop.wwe.com/...=1&cgid=swagger

First off 70 bucks are they fucking high. I remember paying 35 for Mania 19 and the next year it was 50 and damn if didn't want to see that card but decided I'd wait a year but it never went down.

Damn I want to see Brock. Oh well maybe ill finally make it to summerslam.

What does batch an eye mean

That I made a confusing mistake (bat an eye, throw an eye, watch, mix up everything and you get a strange word that probably doesn't exist and that I've used any time without anyone saying anything !!). Corrected. :)

So, any news from the HoF ?