Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-01-25-USWA-TV] Flash Flanagan update / PG-13 promo

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Flash Flanagan is still injured from the PG-13 attack. We speak to his father, who is a bit emotional about Flash's injury. One month in, and we've seen Wolfie's mother and Flash's father. Not particularly good acting.

Back at the studio, PG-13 cut a promo crying crocodile tears. I love Cory Maclin getting in PG-13's face with his weird enunciation. We get mocking of Flash's injury involving a Flanagan doll. Never gets old watching these guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Flanagan’s father is all choked up speaking about his severely injured sun. The acting wasn’t the best, but he was committed in a way you usually don’t get from non-wrestler acting on wrestling shows. At parts I thought it crossed over from “this is bad acting” to “I could actually believe this is how his father might react.” The awkwardness made him feel like a real guy at points.

PG-13 make fun of Flanagan. PG-13 are over the place in 1997 but never got pushed all that much outside of Memphis which is a shame because they had value as a mid-card heel act.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-01-25-USWA-TV] Flash Flanagan update / PG-13 promo
  • 6 months later...

Yeesh, that was some acting job by Flash's old man. There's something amusing about the idea of fans calling the studio to check up on a wrestler in 1997. I mean, obviously it was nonsense, but the fact a promotion is still using that line on TV is a throwback in itself. Fitting that it'd be Memphis, I guess.