Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-02-08-USWA-TV] Bobby Bolton and Mike Samples

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Bobby Bolton, whoever he is, is filming a commercial for a Memphis restaurant. He's interrupted by Mike Samples, who tells him he's a nobody. Things get heated and they brawl all over the restaurant, breaking plates, throwing food and knocking over tables. Can't a nobody with a ponytail cut a commercial for a local Memphis restaurant in peace? Joking aside, fun brawl and I marked out when Samples took off his belt to whip Bolton.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea who Mike Samples is either.

Besides working Memphis he's most famous in wrestling for building rings for a lot of guys and being the top foreign wrestler for BJW in the late 90's/early 00's before they hooked up with CZW. I think his most notable match was being Shadow WX's opponent in that match whear Shadow sets himself onfire that went horribly wrong cause he burned for like 30 seconds and got fire baned from Korakuen Hall. I believe he got let go after punching Zandig because he was pissed over whear the company was headed after CZW gained influence thear.

I remember him being one of the guys who had a somewhat high profile online precense with blogs and shit back when that was more of a novelty for a wrestler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Samples looks eerily like Dick Murdoch here. The set-up for this is kind of contrived, but the brawl itself is pretty awesome. I wonder if those were real clients.

Bobby Bolton is apparently the same guy as Chi Chi Cruz, a name I remember from the early '90s Vancouver indies and a guy I'm guessing Matt Farmer could tell us more about.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-02-08-USWA-TV] Bobby Bolton and Mike Samples
  • 6 months later...

No idea who Bolton is, so I'm inclined to agree with Samples that he has no business shooting commercials for Memphis restaurants. This was like two minutes and wild as fuck. "WE'RE SHOOTIN' A COMMERCIAL HERE!" Many plates are smashed, tables and chairs broken, patrons hurriedly exiting as they leave dinners uneaten. We all had the Concession Stand Brawl top 15 on the Memphis set so I think it's only fair that this gets six and a quarter stars.