Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-07-26-ECW-TV] Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman & Rick Rude vs Sabu & Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lawler (Cage)

Loss

• 1 month later...

Lawler's heeling on the crowd during the Sandman intro is so grating and awesome. Dreamer and Sandman come out with no partner and Rick Rude grabs a mic at the announce booth and says he'll be the partner for Dreamer and Sandman. The crowd is majorly excited, and in a way, I am too, even though I'm fairly sure what's coming. Rude ends up turning and even throws Beulah into the cage. Good angle, but I would like to see Lawler get some comeuppance in the ECW Arena at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick Rude agrees to be tag partner of Dreamer and Sandman in cage match. Him wearing street clothes had to tip things off! And he immediately attacks Dreamer. Beulah smacks him but he rams her face first into the cage. Geez. Not as affected as previous ECW segments but we get Rude being all about himself in 1997.

• 2 months later...

Rude takes off the fanny pack and means business as their partner. He immediately turns on Dreamer/Sandman which makes them seems kind of stupid and unpopular that they couldn't find another partner. Beulah's bump was brutal and Fonzie wont stop blowing that whistle. Rude locks the cage and with that were out.

• 1 year later...

Lawler is awesome on the mic here--"I see the drug addict drunk, and I see some street walking [bleep], but I don't see a partner!" Rick Rude comes out of the broadcast area to be the 3rd man, but immediately turns, and thankfully Joey Styles doesn't blow the surprise the way he usually does. Cliffhanger ending as Rude chains the door shut with Dreamer and Sandman trapped inside the cage with Sabu, RVD, Lawler, and Fonzie. Things will probably improve with Rude now hopefully off commentary.

• 1 year later...

Good angle, but I would like to see Lawler get some comeuppance in the ECW Arena at some point.

You probably don't have the whole segment here, as it ends up with Taz saving the day for a moment and choking Lawler out. Then the Triple Threat gets inside and get a Horsemen beatdown on Taz, complete with pouring a gallon of beer on him (how dirty that mat ended up !). Quite the awesome heat segment. And yeah, Beulah took a great cage shot. She could definitely hold her own. I haven't watched this stuff in eons and it's just as fun as it was before. Loved ECW.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-07-26-ECW-TV] Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman & Rick Rude vs Sabu & Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lawler (Cage)