Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-10-20-WCW-Nitro] Eddy Guerrero vs Chris Benoit

Loss

• 2 months later...

Short, but this is a HOT match with great action and tons of crowd heat. Eddy really has his act down at this point and you get the feeling these two could produce a MOTY (on a global level) on PPV at this point, given the right time and booking focus. This should have been a U.S. title feud. Check out how into these two the crowd is. Love the finish too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

WCW Crusierweight Champion Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit - WCW Nitro 10/20/97

Awesome sprint! The crowd hated Eddie so much and Benoit is the asskicker a crowd wants to get behind to serve Eddie his just desserts. I love Eddie avoiding the chop early. He goes flying up in the air a couple times but Goddamnit I am not taking that chop. When he does, what a great sell job with him digging his nails into the mat as Benoit drags him back in. Benoit just chops the fuck out of him to the pleasure of the audience. These two execution is just breath-taking. They are both so quick and crisp. It is incredible. Benoit's suicide dive was crazy. The way Benoit sprint across the ring and Eddie hit the drop toehold into the middle turnbuckle was a great, creative finish to give a heel a clean, but still underhanded finish. I loved Eddie hitting the Frogsplash for good measure and Mickey Jay not being happy with him "running up the score" so to speak on the unconscious Benoit. I wish they got a long match on PPV at this point both at peaks of their wrestling game. ***1/2

• 11 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-10-20-WCW-Nitro] Eddy Guerrero vs Chris Benoit