Pro Wrestling Only

So what's next for Rey?

Yeah, so what's next for Mysterio after the Eddie feud? Where would you go with him and where do you think the WWE will go with him?

Personally I'd build him up for a Wrestlemania heavyweight title win next year at Mania. Against Benoit of course though Lesnar could work as well.

First off, we've got to think of the kids. Mysterio's got a fan base with the youngset who really like to see his cool moveset and I guess relate to someone small beating the big monstors of the WWF. Of course Mysterio's popular with every sort of fanbase as and really I don't think the WWE has a better option as a potential face champion. The ultimate cinderella story has to be done once and should of course be done before Mysterio's knees totally leave him. Mysterio for champ!

Guest Local Jobber R

Why not have Rey Mysterio help elevate Paul London to something above being a joke character. I think Mysterio vs London fighting over the US title would elevate the midcard, junior heavys, and cruiserweights in general.

I spoke to someone who is a WWE writer (one of the smarter ones, not the kind that doesn't know what "get heat" is...<_ . one of the topics that was touched upon rey mysterio. he said isn going to be champion at all. they just don buy his size. whole eddy thing is give an diabolical edge for when moves back into main event scene. basically used put over which i think absolutely fuckin stupid. interestingly enough and sorry a bit off-topic wants see orton vs christian title by next year...>

I guess the answer is Rey *could* be made into a credible champion, but it would take more work than the WWE creative team would be willing to do, since they'd need to think of unconventional finishes to compensate for the size differences.

Since they probably spend most of their time trying to get over the latest jacked up stiff Vince wanks himself to, they can't (won't) spend the time needed to get someone like Rey over as a main eventer.

It's too bad, Rey gives them a chance to tap into the Hispanic market they really haven't been able to capture since Pedro Morales's title run.

I spoke to someone who is a WWE writer (one of the smarter ones, not the kind that doesn't know what "get heat" is...<_ . one of the topics that was touched upon rey mysterio. he said isn going to be champion at all. they just don buy his size. whole eddy thing is give an diabolical edge for when moves back into main event scene. basically used put over which i think absolutely fuckin stupid. interestingly enough and sorry a bit off-topic wants see orton vs christian title by next year...>

If that's the case, why is Eddy losing all the matches?

Also, I'm surprised anyone in that company would be thinking about Orton/Christian at this point, considering that Orton bombed as a face and Christian has manuevered his way out of turning face in the past. Who would be the face? And if people are lobbying for Christian on the writing team, why has he done so many jobs this year? Why did Booker beat him at the last PPV?

Is this the same source that said that Lita was cheating on Matt Hardy with Gene Snitsky?

:P

Heh no. It's a different one. Loss, logic goes out of the window with the WWE creative team. In fact he told me that they like Angle/Eugene because they felt Angle was better in a comedy feud, rather than in a serious feud against someone like Shelton Benjamin who they are down on, as evident. One writer's opinion doesn't mean that it's going to happen. Orton/Christian won't happen, but he is PUSHING for it. Eddy has done so many jobs so that IF in the unlikely event he wins the title, Rey would look VERY strong in challenging for the title, which won't happen. Fact is, they went about things the wrong way in planning things out then just realizing, "Well maybe Eddy shouldn't have been losing so much..."

Guest DylanWaco

You could easily book Rey as an underdog world champ in a slightly more credible Mikey Whipwreck veign. Some people will say "that would hurt the title", but I actually think it would HELP the title with everyone fighting around Rey and Rey continuing to find ways to narrowly escape. The guy is ultra over and is one of the only guys on the roster who is almost certainly not going to lose his heat. Put JBL, Taker, Batista, et. around him cracking each other skulls and I actually think it would be both believable and intriguing to see Rey sneaking though.

I spoke to someone who is a WWE writer (one of the smarter ones, not the kind that doesn't know what "get heat" is...<_< ) . One of the topics that was touched upon was Rey Mysterio. He said Rey isn't going to be the champion at all. They just don't buy his size. The whole Eddy/Rey thing is to give Eddy an diabolical edge for when he moves back into the main event scene. Basically Rey was used to put over Eddy, which I think is absolutely fuckin' stupid. Interestingly enough, and sorry to be a bit off-topic, he wants to see Orton vs Christian for the title by next year...

Too much to comment on in this thread.

So Eddie's going to completey snap after losing to Rey? I figured Eddie would completely lose the feud and than just completely snap from than on out. I'd love to see him be a total lunatic in the main event scene.

But why are they down on Benjamin?

WP -- Who believes that 90% of the time the WWE just does things to tick me off.

His charisma isn't a problem if it's not killing his heat. And it's not. His facial expressions and ability to get the crowd involved in his matches is just fine, but WWE has a way of focusing more on finding reasons not to push guys climbing the ladder and trying their hardest to focus on their weaknesses, which is the opposite of good booking. Shelton obviously has charisma - if he didn't, he wouldn't be over. The mic skills will come with time.

Guest Benjie

Rey can easily be the WWE Champion on SmackDown!. He's as popular as Batista imo and him being Champion would only benefit it. People buy Rey as a threat nowadays as well, so it isn't as far fetched to think that Rey couldn't win the WWE Title. I do think he'll move down rather than up after the Eddy feud. But then again I don't see the Eddye feud ending at Slam for some reason.

I don't want to turn this into a Benjamin thread, but they are so wrong in using Carlito to further the Cena vs. Jericho feud instead of furthering te Carlito vs. Benjamin feud that they haven't finished. They've established that Carlito can't beat Benjamin clean, so where is the match where it's NO DQ and No count out? Inconsistent booking pisses me off. Especially booking that results in talented wrestlers in worse positions. Masters is only being used so Show can break that submission of his.

Wouldn't it be wild to see Mysterio be the one to end Undertaker's Wrestlemania winning streak? Of course, that'll probably be saved for Randy Orton, we'll see.

I do like the idea of Mysterio being build up by having an Armbar type submission finisher though.

Posted Image

I'm not convinced that they aren't high on Rey, considering that he and Eddy are getting top billing on Smackdown every week over even Batista and JBL (despite their feud being for the title) and also considering that when Meltzer got a hold of the marketing profiles for the company a while back, they considered Rey one of the biggest names they had.

I would also like to add that it takes two people to have a top billing feud. You're forgetting about the guy they tentatively have planned to take on Batista post-Summerslam, Eddy Guerrero. He needs to be featured in a high profile feud if he's going to be pushed in that direction. (I also honestly see Eddie winning the Summerslam match to give himself more of a heelish edge)

If they can't get Lesnar, I'm really curious what they're building toward on Smackdown in the future. Batista/Eddy will probably have plenty of heat and I see them having really strong matches that don't get credit, but it's not a WM-caliber main event.

If they can't get Lesnar, I'm really curious what they're building toward on Smackdown in the future. Batista/Eddy will probably have plenty of heat and I see them having really strong matches that don't get credit, but it's not a WM-caliber main event.

Maybe that Orton/Christian match would come to fruition ;)