Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber

goodhelmet

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I watched Summerslam 2013 yesterday. I realize how foolish I sounded on this one. I won't be talking about the best WWE matches ever again until I fill in my viewing gaps, as much as I REALLY want to make that case for Cena/Bryan.

In general, we, collectively, were more glad for you for all the really good matches you had ahead of you to watch.

Ok, so I watched Summerslam 2013 yesterday. I realize how foolish I sounded on this one. I won't be talking about the best WWE matches ever again until I fill in my viewing gaps, as much as I REALLY want to make that case for Cena/Bryan.

In general, we, collectively, were more glad for you for all the really good matches you had ahead of you to watch.

Same here, really glad Loss is getting around to some of the better WWE matches of the last few years.

Loss, don't know if you remember reading or know, but the slapping spot in Cena/Bryan was based on the go-home segment on RAW. If you haven't seen it, look it up. I loved that moment in that match.

The Shield vs. The Wyatts (Elimination Chamber) 2/23/14

This was the first time for me to see a Shield match, so it was never going to resonate as much with me as it did others who've been following their development. The early stuff was okay. There wasn't anything particularly outstanding about the Shield's double and triple teaming or the Wyatts' brawling and big man spots, but the match built well and picked up steam when they started doing what I assume were sequences they'd laid out with the road agent. Said sequences were a bit too choreographed, but the crowd was molten and seemed like it would come unglued at any time, which gave the match a tremendous energy. I couldn't in good faith rate it as highly as some people have as I think there's been much better six mans with better workers over the years, but it was certainly memorable. No-one struck me as a great worker and I was surprised by how poor the Shields' offence seemed, especially Rollins, so I wonder if this wasn't a terrific piece of booking.

Elimination Chamber (Elimination Chamber) 2/23/14

This was pretty good up until the eliminations began then it became sports entertainment fluff. There's no way I can buy a match with that much outside interference as great, especially when it ate up so much of the stretch run. Cesaro, Shemaus and Christian added the best stuff to the match, but it wasn't as good as their non-gimmicked stuff and they were all off on spots at times. I liked the brogue kick into the pod. That was the highlight of the match.