Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber

goodhelmet

I am pretty amped up for this show. I don't know if it will be a particularly great show from an in-ring perspective but I think it will answer so many questions on if they changed any plans for Wrestlemania.

So, before the show starts proper... do they stay to the original plan or do they listen to the fans and shoot DB to the moon?

Here is the card...

Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust (Pre-Show)

Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neil

Big E vs. Jack Swagger (IC Title)

New Age Outlaws vs. Usos (Tag Titles)

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield

Elimination Chamber

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bryan's shoulder thing gives him a target and he'll be jobbing, but I think that the next night, he'll be a part of the Main Event.

The Shield/Wyatts match has me absolutely amped.

Batista/Del Rio is an absolute afterthought at this point, and with Del Rio supposedly on his way out, the crowd could shit all over the match.

Orton wins Chamber. HHH removes Bryan from match after he re-injures shoulder. Sets up HHH/Bryan for Mania

Wyatts defeat Shield after Shield miscommunication and bickering

Batista beats Del Rio

Titus beats Young

Outlaws retain over Usos. Maybe they have Usos win by DQ. Outlaws hold on to belts though

Big E beats Swagger

Goldust and Cody b Ryback and Axel

pretty straight forward show that's rather easy to predict. Will be interesting to see if they are able to hold the crowd from turning on the show when they eliminate Bryan

Guest The Jiz

I think Bryan's shoulder thing gives him a target and he'll be jobbing, but I think that the next night, he'll be a part of the Main Event.

Batista/Del Rio is an absolute afterthought at this point, and with Del Rio supposedly on his way out, the crowd could shit all over the match.

What's your source that Del Rio might be leaving? I haven't seen or heard anything, and couldn't find anything on the Torch. If true, I'm not complaining. There have to be at least 8 guys on the roster with the potential to be more useful than Del Rio in his respective spot. Imo, his charisma is weak, and he might very well be one of the most overpushed acts I've ever seen. He reminds me of Jeff Jarrett of the Double J era but worse: good but not excellent worker, lackluster charisma, mediocre mic work. And I'll qualify this further by claiming Jarrett was a significantly better talker, a better but less exciting worker (Del Rio has excellent periods but they're nauseatingly repetitious), and Jarrett competed in a roster that I feel is less competitive than today, and Jarrett had a weaker spot on the card than Del Rio. Just don't think he's that good.

I think there's some merit to your criticism of Del Rio, but I also think he's one of the worst booked guys in the company. For as much as they feature him they never actually give him anything to do. The only character progression he's had in his entire run was beating up Ricardo and getting rid of him.

As for the PPV, I'm really hoping that Titus & Darren have a good match. Titus seems like he could be a big star so I'm hoping they don't have a bad match that makes them give up on him.

I really don't know where they are going with the Elimination Chamber but I've already said here multiple times that if it was me I'd call an audible and have Daniel Bryan win the title tonight. There are a lot of different scenarios from there, but I think Daniel Bryan defending the title at WrestleMania would do a lot to keep the crowd into the show. And it's a lot easier than trying to figure out how to shoehorn him into the title match after Batista won the Rumble unless Bryan is the champion.

Or they could just do some overbooked double pin scenario for the finish of the Chamber match and re-do the WrestleMania X scenario that some people really seem to want.

Very much looking forward to the PPV.

I'm interested to see if the NAO hang onto the tag titles, I'm keen to see whether they'll be booked at Mania this year.

We should get a strong indication as to what Daniel Bryan is doing at Mania, I'm interested in seeing the reaction to Batista in PPV singles competition. I'm obviously very excited to see the six man even though I feel the outcome is telegraphed in a Shield implosion: although I may be wrong here. Match quality should be splendid throughout the show.

Looking at the landscape, there is a lot to be excited about in 2014, I think tonight will kick things off.

If they're going to screw Bryan, I hope they do it with gusto. Might as well get everything they can out of it. Four flat tires, sneak attacks before the match on his shoulder, then his pod doesn't open, only it finally does and then it takes a ridiculous amount of cheating to put him away. Go all the way! Get some heat!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this too. The top two matches should be great, that Chamber is absolutely stacked and could be the best one yet. I could see the ending going a couple of ways. O'Neil and Young have also quietly been having one of the better feuds in a good while and I'm interested in that match. I hope they go full brawl rather than just working a regular midcard match in the midst of a heat feud like Damien and Cody did.

If they're going to screw Bryan, I hope they do it with gusto. Might as well get everything they can out of it. Four flat tires, sneak attacks before the match on his shoulder, then his pod doesn't open, only it finally does and then it takes a ridiculous amount of cheating to put him away. Go all the way! Get some heat!

I'd love this. Though I would have to swear off listening to any podcasts or reading anything for a couple of weeks.

My gut says that they're locked in at this point. Little details can change (Does Kane or Brock take out Christian and take his place? I'm leaning towards no because they positioned him as a heel in the last week) but in general, I think it's too late for them, internally, to change the trains. That's not how they usually operate. I do hope the Usos go over. They deserve it in a big way and it'd probably ensue them a Mania spot when the Outlaws really don't deserve one. I bet they'd go all out on their Mania entrance too.

I actually think Swagger beats Big E and Cesaro loses which leads to sort of a flip flopping of the last few weeks of problems with the Real Americans and leads to the Cesaro face turn for Mania or the night after.

What's your source that Del Rio might be leaving? I haven't seen or heard anything, and couldn't find anything on the Torch. If true, I'm not complaining. There have to be at least 8 guys on the roster with the potential to be more useful than Del Rio in his respective spot. Imo, his charisma is weak, and he might very well be one of the most overpushed acts I've ever seen. He reminds me of Jeff Jarrett of the Double J era but worse: good but not excellent worker, lackluster charisma, mediocre mic work. And I'll qualify this further by claiming Jarrett was a significantly better talker, a better but less exciting worker (Del Rio has excellent periods but they're nauseatingly repetitious), and Jarrett competed in a roster that I feel is less competitive than today, and Jarrett had a weaker spot on the card than Del Rio. Just don't think he's that good.

Del Rio himself has said in interviews he's considering leaving when his contract is up, and WWE seems to be booking him like a guy they can't count on sticking around much longer.

From a speculation standpoint, everyone seems to feel AAA is going to make a full court press to get any Mexican stars signed up for the new US show as well.

Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust (Pre-Show)

Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neil

Big E vs. Jack Swagger (IC Title)

New Age Outlaws vs. Usos (Tag Titles)

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield

Elimination Chamber - Randy Orton

This feels like a pretty easy PPV to predict. I think they may give the Rhodes brothers the win but they have been jobbing Goldust out a lot lately so I could see the heels going over. I need the Usos to go over the Outlaws because I am not a fan of the Outlaws right now. Get off my screen. Everything else seems run of the mill and predictable. I would pleasantly surprised if I am wrong.

I loved them for about a week before they became featured performers.

For real. Like most people I was into a limited NAO nostalgia run when they came back, were very over and still looked competent enough in the ring. I wasn't into them beating the best tag team in years and years for the tag titles clean in a 10 minute pre-show match. Now they can fuck off and never come back.