Pro Wrestling Only

Billy Robinson Passes Away

Jordan

https://www.facebook.com/ScientificWrestling?ref=ts&fref=ts

I am unbelievably sad to report that my very good friend Billy Robinson passed away today. I hadn't heard from him in days so I contacted his apartment complex to check in on him. When I called back for a progress report the apartment manager put the police on the phone, it seems he passed peacefully in his sleep. He was a lion of a man, bigger than life in so many ways, my wife and I named our youngest son, Lliam in his honor. You will be sorely missed, my friend. Thank you so much for living the life you did.

Sad to hear. R.I.P.

• 4 weeks later...

From bio, a show I'd desperately like to see: "On July 26, 1982, it was the return of pro wrestling to the Forum in Montreal after six years, after a long period with no major wrestling on television, and until International Wrestling built itself up to that level. They had a super card, with Jean Ferre (as Andre the Giant was known in Montreal even up to that time) vs. Stan Hansen, Bravo vs. Abdullah, Robinson vs. a returning Martel and Raymond Rougeau vs. Patterson. Martel got revenge, winning via count out, on a show that drew 14,175, the largest crowd in the city since the glory days in 1974."