Pro Wrestling Only

How is the Network going to affect WWE Home Video?

flyonthewall2983

No, I'm talking about the Rumble anthology sets. I may have misunderstood. I thought you said those were $10.

Yeah, the AWA, WCCW, Randy Savage, Jake, Perfect, etc dvd sets have been $5 or less on Amazon for a good year or two. Those have been discounted for a long time already.

I sold my Dusty set awhile back and wish I hadn't. Need to pick that one back up.

I don't buy DVDs. I can't remember the last DVD I purchased, but it has been over 10 years. I Stream everything. I do not have cable, only internet. What would it take for me to buy a WWE DVD? It has to be something I DO NOT have access to at all. Plain and simple. WWE docs are usually good, but feel too corporate and fake at times. I think the money is in the real stories. Something so meta that it will not be on Netflix or available through Redbox. A DVD of CM Punk walking out of WWE post Royal Rumble 2014 would be interesting as would a 4 hour documentary on Vince McMahon's life minus the kayfabe and bullshit. I'd love if WWE took a page out of Kayfabe commentaries and brought some of the writers in to talk about certain years and the angles of those years and how they came about, again I think this will only be successful if there was no bullshit. If WWE wants to get Vince, Ed, Russo, and some others together to talk WWE 1997-1999 booking in a 3 hour documentary, it would be very interesting.

None of this will happen.

No, I'm talking about the Rumble anthology sets. I may have misunderstood. I thought you said those were $10.

Yeah, the AWA, WCCW, Randy Savage, Jake, Perfect, etc dvd sets have been $5 or less on Amazon for a good year or two. Those have been discounted for a long time already.

I sold my Dusty set awhile back and wish I hadn't. Need to pick that one back up.

Hey Blazer, not sure where you live in the Chicagoland area, but I checked out the FYE by my house at Chicago Ridge Mall today. They still had quite a few of the Anthology sets for $10. I only picked up the Summer Slam volume 2 anthology as I had the other big four volume 1 sets already. Was hoping they had the Royal Rumble volume 2, but they only had volume 1.

They have a ton of other older stuff brand new for under $10.

Hey Blazer, not sure where you live in the Chicagoland area, but I checked out the FYE by my house at Chicago Ridge Mall today. They still had quite a few of the Anthology sets for $10. I only picked up the Summer Slam volume 2 anthology as I had the other big four volume 1 sets already. Was hoping they had the Royal Rumble volume 2, but they only had volume 1.

Cool. I'm on the NW Side of Chicago, so I don't get down to Chicago Ridge often, but I'll try to make an effort to get down there or maybe to one of their other stores. Did they have Vol 3 and 4 of Mania? Sounds like they still had Vol 1 of RR and SS. Did you see a Vol 2 for Survivor Series?

Cool. I'm on the NW Side of Chicago, so I don't get down to Chicago Ridge often, but I'll try to make an effort to get down there or maybe to one of their other stores. Did they have Vol 3 and 4 of Mania? Sounds like they still had Vol 1 of RR and SS. Did you see a Vol 2 for Survivor Series?

I received your pm, I sent you one back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know how much it would help either sales or Network numbers but it would be cool if they had one-night only showings of documentaries they are putting out like the upcoming Heyman one. It wouldn't completely stop the piracy of it from happening, but it would probably help them in the long-run if they want both the Network and Home Video departments to be strong.

Hopefully the network means the home video department will put some more effort into making the releases stand out. I don't understand the point of Best WCW PPV Matches or Best Of Great American Bash now that we have the network, but has anyone seen the listing for the upcoming Paul Heyman set? Holy shit that looks great!

Hopefully the network means the home video department will put some more effort into making the releases stand out. I don't understand the point of Best WCW PPV Matches or Best Of Great American Bash now that we have the network, but has anyone seen the listing for the upcoming Paul Heyman set? Holy shit that looks great!

The Bash one has about a disc's worth of stuff not on the Network. Agreed that the rest is fairly pointless.

Thought there were two pleasant surprises on the match listing:

Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Ronnie Garvin vs. Ric Flair. Starrcade -- November 26, 1987.

Hopefully this will help more people come around on this match, although it would have been nice for them to include the earlier match when Garvin wins the belt.

United States Championship Match: Lex Luger vs. Brian Pillman. Halloween Havoc -- October 28, 1989

This is a real "sleeper" match and I'm surprised to see it included.

I would have probably picked some different matches from those they picked. It's also funny how none of WCW's "greatest matches" ever took place on TV or on a Clash.

• 4 weeks later...

Feels like the Network has really accelerated the future demise of blu ray/dvds. Blu Rays themselves aren't getting released in North America with non major PPVS and the Best of Raw/Smackdown. But they are really running out of ideas as far as what to put out. Lots of repeats as far as matches continuing to show up on newly released sets. The Heyman set is about the only interesting thing on the horizon. Folks can probably just wait it out for documentary to show up on Network anyways. I picked up WrestleMania and Warrior Blu Rays but that's been it for the year. Huge drop off for me since I previously was a big collector.