Pro Wrestling Only

[2007-05-10-Dragon Gate] BxB Hulk & Cyber Kong & Shingo Takagi vs CIMA & Ryo Saito & Susumu Yokosuka

Loss

• 3 months later...

This was a pretty standard 6-man from DG it seemed. The idea looked to be putting over Shingo, but I'm still not sold on him as a wrestler. CIMA is using a more martial arts gimmick now, still with the dickish stuff though. Saito was fun, but I like watching him. Hulk and Yokosuka play good in-peril guys for their teams. Kong is fun as the little big man. His corner splash is grrreat. Finishing run was chaotic fun up until the end when Shingo completely nosells a dragon suplex, Saito's finisher, so he can put him away. Terrible booking.

• 2 months later...

New Hazard (SHINGO, BXB Hulk, Cyber Kong) vs Typhoon (CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka) - DG 5/10/07

You would have thought the big beef was between Hulk and CIMA since Hulk turned on CIMA to create New Hazard. Oh yeah, somebody read the Wikis on New Hazard and BXB Hulk! Ok, so just because I read the wikis does not necessarily mean there had not been a change in the storyline so I am not going to hold it against them. Plus it was clear they wanted to elevate SHINGO or at least begin to elevate SHINGO to CIMA's level. Cyber Kong is fimly my second favorte Dragon Gate wrestler after Genki Horiguchi. Kong is basically a better version of Don Fuji as the great power wrestler in these trios matches. He also has airbrushed abs and can rip a pineapple open with his bare hands then throws it at his opponents. CIMA seemed extra dickish in this match, which helped a lot like throwing a water bottle to break up a pinfall or blowing snot at his opponent as he was pinning him with one foot. SHINGO was constantly making a beeline for CIMA, which added some much needed intensity to this Dragon Gate. Hulk was a pretty good face in peril and I liked the double/triple teams. The finish run killed as a great match as there was too much flying around for the sake of flying around and no-selling. SHINGO looked ridiculous treating Yokosuka as his equal and losing a suplex struggle spot to him. Hulk kept doing this climb up his opponent's chest spot that just led him to eating a move. It was stupid and plus he no-sold a blantant ballshot. The best spot of the finish run was of course Cyber Kong yanking Saito out of a bridging suplex to do a giant swing right into CIMA. Sick spot. SHINGO no sells a bunch of shit to hit a bunch of shit on Saito. It had a lot of good stuff at the beginning and Cyber Kong is awesome. The finish run no-selling extravanganza makes it a top 100 border line pick at best. ***1/2

• 1 month later...

this will fall in my top 25 I think - a glorious example of Dragon Gate tag action. It was all the crazy action, moves and nearfalls that you'd hope for but with a ton of heat and hatred sprinkled on top. Fit perfectly in with the storyline they were doing at the time and helped New Hazard get off to an awesome start as a group (unfortunately injuries killed their momentum before the summer was out).

• GSR changed the title to [2007-05-10-Dragon Gate] BxB Hulk & Cyber Kong & Shingo Takagi vs CIMA & Ryo Saito & Susumu Yokosuka