Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Lee Marshall

Ricky Jackson

Speaking of WCW...

RIP Lee Marshall

http://www.kfbk.com/articles/kfbk-news-461777/lee-marshall-voice-of-tony-the-12292486/

I didn't know he had been the voice of Tony the Tiger since 1995. He did have a good voice.

2005, radio station goofed up their facts. Thurl Ravenscroft (good potential manager name, a few generations ago) died in 2005 and did Tony til he passed.

Lee Marshall, not sure what to say, although it amused me that the 1-800-COLLECT Nitro parties or whatever were a thinly-veiled way to get him away from the WCW staff.

When I watched a bunch of AWA TV for the 80s project I developed an appreciation for Lee Marshall's cool and uninhibited love for Ricky Rice. I started noticing him getting to more-than-friends territory when commentating Rice matches, and I told my buddy about this while we were watching AWA. Two minutes later Marshall says "Would you look at Ricky Rice's thighs? Mmm Mmm Mmm." I could not have planned it better.

I might be in a minority but I LOVED Lee Marshall for some reason. He was always shit on by hardcores on the internet and I just didn't see it. I thought he was great

I'm also in the minority who thinks Larry Z was a fantastic commentator in the 90's......so yeah, I'm an odd duck

Tony Schiavone gets a lot of crap, but from about 1993 to early 1996 I've found him to be pretty darn underrated. He had great chemistry with Jesse Ventura, and I wish they had been able to stay together longer. Just as he was building up nice chemistry with Bobby Heenan they felt the need to insert Dusty Rhodes into the mix. That's where I really feel that things started to go downhill for Schiavone, and Starrcade '95 was probably the breaking point. He gets unmercifully ragged on by Dusty for bothering to actually call the action in the ring and call moves by their names. You can hear Schiavone slowly losing the will to fight back until by the end of the night he's gone from calling a German Suplex a German Suplex to calling it a throw to the mat to appease the idiotic Dusty. It's kind of sad to hear actually.

I love me some Tony Schiavone, but when did he start developing a rapport with Bobby? When Bobby first jumped they were unbearable together.

Around the middle of 95 I'd say. They were never great together, but around that time they finally started feeding off of one another rather than just doing their own thing. Then WCW goes and inserts Dusty at the end of 95 and the announcing immediately turns into a bunch of unintelligible crap.