Pro Wrestling Only

Do you resent Brock Lesnar's deal?

BigBadMick

I agree with that. I don't like how they just assume everyone knows Lesnar's deal and never even try to explain where he is.

I agree with this. Just have Paul Heyman cut a promo saying Brock is a huge sensation who wrestles on his terms and he (Paul) negotiated a generous contract for him that guarantees this. Then just say Brock doesn't feel whatever city they're in is worth his time or something.

I resent the Triple H feud. Otherwise, Brock's return has been better than I expected, so yeah, he should grab that cash, son.

I liked their matches at SummerSlam and Extreme Rules. The Wrestlemania one was a bit dodgy.

That's coming from a single viewing of each though.

I didn't see the SS or ER matches. I was speaking more from the builds from all the matches, which were the worst THIS BUSINESSings in recent WWE. No one in that feud except Lesnar came off looking good to me, not even Heyman.

I'm all for guys showing up rarely and feeling like legitimate game-changers. I'm all for guys exuding that authentic BIG DEAL aura and feel. Lesnar's one of those guys these days. Hell, he's one of the few left. So long as he works hard when he DOES show up - and he has, then what's the issue here?

It's funny how people cry out about how some guys should be reserved as special attractions in the modern era, like the "good old days" of yore.

And yet - when it happens - the same people tend to find ways to bitch & complain about THAT, too.

'Round and 'round we go, fellas.

I can say this—in the comments of our Bleacher Report articles there is a lot of anger about Brock's deals. They don't like that he's a part timer. In their minds it means he's not really part of the business and is stealing an opportunity from a real wrestler.

I didn't know those fans still existed. I thought all the "RESPECT DA BIZ" fans petered out when those guys that were willing to die for the business.....died for the business.

I don't have a problem with him only being around at certain times of the year. I just wish they would come up with a storyline explanation for where he is the rest of the time. When they did the suspension early on after breaking HHH's arm, that was a good example of what I mean. As it stands now, he just left after getting the biggest win of his career with no explanation and no declaration of what his future plans are.

I resent the Triple H feud. Otherwise, Brock's return has been better than I expected, so yeah, he should grab that cash, son.

I liked their matches at SummerSlam and Extreme Rules. The Wrestlemania one was a bit dodgy.

I didn't see the SS or ER matches. I was speaking more from the builds from all the matches, which were the worst THIS BUSINESSings in recent WWE. No one in that feud except Lesnar came off looking good to me, not even Heyman.

the cage match at ER is, IMO of course, fantastic. Well worth watching. I don't care much for HHH matches but I really liked that one

I do have odd taste though. I think Taker-HHH at WMX7 is a masterpiece so.....

the cage match at ER is, IMO of course, fantastic. Well worth watching. I don't care much for HHH matches but I really liked that one

I do have odd taste though. I think Taker-HHH at WMX7 is a masterpiece so.....

I love the Taker/HHH X-7 match as well. It's the only good match they had at a WrestleMania.

Honestly, I'm surprised with the number of longtime fans I know who have a completely distorted view, some of whom are wrestlers, that just hate Brock Lesnar's guts for that whole "he doesn't love the business" stuff. I went to Mania 28 and was at the Raw when Brock returned, and while everybody else was going fucking crazy, a couple of them are standing next me disgusted. I asked why, and their response was "because he left the second something better came along", which, given the actual course of events, just boggles the mind.

These fans were the ones most appalled at Lesnar breaking the streak, and I laughed in their faces.

Isn't the mindset that Brock left THEM? That he turned his back on them and on the thing that they love? They invested their time and attention and fandom in him and he spurned it? And for what? Football which he failed at? MMA which a lot of them resent? Living with Sable?

I don't mean to say that any of this is particularly reasonable, but let's understand why they feel like they do. A lot of these people are so caught up in wrestling that for someone to decide to leave it after being pushed to the moon, well, weird things happen.

I can sorta understand WWE feeling spurned since Brock did leave them in a bad spot, but I think it's silly the fans would feel the same way. I mean, if you're that emotionally invested that you can't accept a guy leaving because he can (even if it seemed like it was for a stupid reason), then that's a problem with the fan.

WWE had every right to feel spurned. Look at the time they invested in Brock, how the pushed him out of the gate, they made a huge investment in him. Brock got special treatment from the second he walked into the company. But, he left in a professional manner, he did jobs on the way out with no fuss, he did a really good buildup to WMXX with Austin and Goldberg where he was totally selling and putting everything over and not sleepwalking or half-assing it. It's not like he pulled an Austin or a Punk who both walked out the day of a RAW show they were heavily scripted in (and even worse with Punk who was heavily scripted into WM plans and quit right when the WM build was about to go full throttle). And Brock probably would have stayed around longer....I'm just guessing here.....but Vince probably went into "WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS?!!? I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT! I CREATED HIM!!" mode. Brock probably wanted less days on the road, better travel accommodations (I think it was reported he either wanted to fly on the private jet or have his own small private plane), better payoffs....not entirely unreasonable things, and Vince felt like he was being held hostage and forced to negotiate with a terrorist. They really tried to screw Brock afterwards with the no compete, which Brock rightfully was like "this is bullshit" and just went and did what he wanted (how could WWE reasonably argue that the Minnesota Vikings or NJPW was direct competition?) and beat them in court over it.

This was also not too long after the relationship with Vince and Hogan went south and Hogan quit because he didn't like the creative and writers and his payoffs. Sound familiar? Vince was probably at his most tyrannical and hard to work with during the 02-04 time period where there was no real competition and his own business was sinking like a rock.

' Vince probably went into "WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS?!!? I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT! I CREATED HIM!!" mode. Brock probably wanted less days on the road, better travel accommodations (I think it was reported he either wanted to fly on the private jet or have his own small private plane), better payoffs....not entirely unreasonable things, and Vince felt like he was being held hostage and forced to negotiate with a terrorist. '

Among my friends, if this was an email it would be a keeper!