Pro Wrestling Only

Where the Big Boys Play #62 - WCW / New Japan Supershow 1991

http://placetobenation.com/where-the-big-boys-play-62-wcwnew-japan-1991-supershow/

jimherdsushi.png

Chad and Parv take a trip to the Egg Dome in Tokyo for the WCW / New Japan Supershow 1991: Rumble in the Rising Sun!

- [3:25] Wrestling Observer and PW Torch roundup: Butch Reed off to the rodeo circuit?, health update on Tommy Young, yet another sensational firing for Buddy Landel, and the find out what's the most talked about backstage story in the wrestling business!

- [43:30] Review of WCW / New Japan Supershow: Arn buys a robe, Jim Ross provides a guide to wrestling in Japan, Tony Schiavone makes fun of the concession stand, and El Gigante does a suplex!

- [1:41:10] End of show awards and question for the listeners: what are some better interpromtional shows than this one?

The PWO-PTBN Podcast Network features great shows you can find right here at Place to Be Nation. By subscribing on iTunes or SoundCloud, you’ll have access to new episodes, bonus content, as well as a complete archive of: Where the Big Boys Play, Titans of Wrestling, Pro-Wrestling Super-Show, Good Will Wrestling, and Wrestling With the Past.

I got a little carried away and I don't want to collude threads but a criticism I have of Meltzer is his "live" perception sometimes doesn't align with what the viewer is hearing/ record books reflect. When challenged on this stance, we get the generic "you weren't there" argument which is troublesome in many ways especially considering the size of an arena like the Egg Dome.

Also to go along with the standards change narrative, the Steiners vs. Hase/Sasaki match is a fun one to watch and reflect on that it is 23 years old.

I know for a fact I had mentioned it on WTBBP before as well. Parv's lucky to have his charm to make up for his memory.

Right before we started recording, we had this exchange:

Me: You still into board gaming Chad?

Chad: Yeah

Me: There's this game I think you'd like called Splendor ....

Chad: I told you about that a month ago!!!

I think I'm getting worse.

I know for a fact I had mentioned it on WTBBP before as well. Parv's lucky to have his charm to make up for his memory.

Also Pete informed me this show is now on the WWE Network.

I was wrong about the network uploading the show. I saw the banner for Superbrawl and thought it was the egg dome show.