Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-02-23-WWF-Raw] Stardust vs Bradshaw

Loss

• 1 month later...

Dustin has the Dusty lisp down pretty well. We get old clips of Dusty from 1990. American Dream fires up and here comes Stardust. The dance moves are spot on again. Bradshaw comes out looking young and who would think 16 years, Dustin is still wrestling high profile matches and Bradshaw is a retired commenter. Dust tires to the bionic elbow but it has no effect. He grabs the microphone as says he is the only Texan in here. Bradshaw lights him up back inside with some big chops and a cowboy boot to the face. Stardust starts jiving but runs into a clothesline from hell and Bradshaw picks up the victory. Fun to watch. (*1/2)

The WWF sure spent a lot of time here on NWO member Dusty Rhodes. If I wrote for PWI at the time, I would have openly pushed that this was proof the NWO were double agents sent to destroy WCW from within, considering that their happy relationship is played up so much. Dustin does great with this, but they present this in a way where it seems to be the idea of someone else instead of something Goldust is doing to get attention, whereas everything before this has caught the announcers by surprise and has seemed more spontaneous. I understand why they did it that way but it stands out. Anyway, this has some fun comedy and I agree that it's probably the best simply because he can actually continue the parody in the match itself.

• 1 year later...

I wonder if the WWF was even aware that Dusty had turned. Maybe, maybe not. There are definitely some odd things about the presentation that have already been mentioned, and JR and especially Lawler are a little too giggly for my tastes. Bradshaw no-sells all of Dusty's trademark offense and squashes Dustin with a Lariat. Goldust decides to hang up the Stardust gear afterward.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-02-23-WWF-Raw] Stardust vs Bradshaw