Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-04-13-WCW-Nitro] Goldberg vs Rocco Rock

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tenay is working hard to come up with Goldberg factoids. I remember Dave saying he and Tenay actually worked together on a lot of that. Rocco Rock is a total pro here, going overboard bumping for Goldberg. He's not a very good worker, but the spirit is definitely there. I love how different all of these squashes are. That table spot got an enormous pop and was awesome. This was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Goldberg is just so different and fresh with everything. Rock was game to bump like a loon for him and the spots paid off big culminating in the huge spear spot through the table. I am really interested to watch Goldberg rise up the card and see if his mystique is lost. Fun squash. (*1/2)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Rocco goes balls-out putting Goldberg over, and even the little spot outside where Rocco gets a brief advantage was fun. Rocco ends up eating a spear through a table that looks great and draws a monster pop--we've seen Goldberg against shooters, against mat-based wrestlers, against other brawlers, and now against garbage workers, so yeah, the variety they're giving him in these squashes is pretty impressive and a good use of the huge roster. Raven and Saturn distract Goldberg afterward, but an attempted sneak attack by Kidman and Sick Boy is unsuccessful.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-04-13-WCW-Nitro] Goldberg vs Rocco Rock