Pro Wrestling Only

Its AWN now~!

sek69

WWE announces more troops recalled for Monday Night War

[email protected]

WWE just announced it is going back in time and bringing back Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Billy Graham, Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy Snuka, Jay Strongbow, Greg Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko Ware to the 10/3 Raw show in Dallas.

What, did someone in WWE notice that TNA has the NWA championship and decide to combat it with 1985's biggest stars?

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Ugh... *bangs head against desk repeatedly*

How exactly are Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young legends that anyone outside of the company gives one damn about? Why do they insist in bringing them back for these nostalgiapaloozas? Noone besides them laughs or gets excited at horny Mae Young.

Most of the people they want to invite have legend credentials, but they shouldn't be wasting time with this nonsense since they only acknowledge the past when it's convienient to the company anyway.

At least we know why they were suddenly up Shane Douglas's ass, with the event being called "WWE Homecoming".

Guest The Man in Blak

Hold on here.  It doesn't say that they'll be WRESTLING.  WWE has a long, long history with USA, and if they bring back some '80s talent as a retrospective, what's so offensive about that?

If it's used to elevate the current talent, while tipping a cap to some continuity, then I think it could have merit. The problem is that it's in the WWE's hands and their current reputation isn't exactly a result of reasonable booking decisions.

Also, I think sek touches on a good point - it is taking up time that could be used to spotlight more of the roster. However, I also think we have to recognize the possibility (some will argue "fact") that WWE is creatively bankrupt and that bringing back old blood may be the easiest way to get some kind of storylines going.

It's cheap heat and if that buys them some time to work out something halfway decent for once, then bravo. I just have my doubts that there's a sun coming up beyond that horizon.

It's self serving for a company to bring back old stars, when we all know the wrestling business doesn't gve a shit about anyone once they're past their prime. The fact that a great deal of talent from the USA period are dead now is a silent testimony of just how much the buisness cares about former stars.

It's sad to see guys you watched as a kid be paraded on TV all old, fat, and broken down just because most of them need the paycheck.

It also sends a message to the young talent that the company doesn't have faith that they can carry a 3 hour show (and they're probably right), so they're going to stock it with old timers.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Well Fabulous Moolah was Women's Champion for the better part of 3 decades.  She has a legit claim to being a legend.

How exactly are Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young legends that anyone outside of the company gives one damn about?

Point taken, though. It'd probably help matters if Mae wasn't riding on Moolah's jock all the time though, because then maybe Moolah would have a chance to look relevant instead of being hindered by her sidekick that the company still thinks is funny and shocking, but isn't.

Well Fabulous Moolah was Women's Champion for the better part of 3 decades.  She has a legit claim to being a legend.

How exactly are Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young legends that anyone outside of the company gives one damn about?

Point taken, though. It'd probably help matters if Mae wasn't riding on Moolah's jock all the time though, because then maybe Moolah would have a chance to look relevant instead of being hindered by her sidekick that the company still thinks is funny and shocking, but isn't.
Here's my thing. Moolah doesn't bother me since she held the Women's Title for so long, the WWWF wasn't even in existence when her first reign started.

But did Mae Young ever have a WWWFE match prior to being brought into the Attitude era for no other reason then being the only woman wrestler Moolah's age that was still alive?