Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-05-29-ECW-Baton Rouge, LA] Tracy Smothers & Little Guido vs Nova & Blue Meanie

Loss

• 2 months later...

Fun comedy match with Tracy Smothers and Blue Meanie doing a dance-off. I love Smothers, but fat guy dancing to "Let Me Clear My Throat" will always win a dance-off. Tommy Rich should have won best second in the RSPW awards. WTF to the referee giving bodyslams to the FBI? From there, this goes into standard Southern tag stuff that is very well executed. Really nice match.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first couple of minutes, I wondered why this needed to be included--not because it was bad but because we already had the other match with these teams. Then the dance-off kicked in and I was happy. I didn't even mind the ref spots because the crowd seemed into them. Wonder if he was some kind of local figure? Anyhow, a fun blend of action and comedy that, unlike a lot of ECW, didn't overstay its welcome.

Well this was a lot of fun that makes a disc memorable even if the match was merely good. The slam spot was the only time I kind of checked out. Everything else from the dance off to Big Don getting pushed down, I marked huge for. Glad to see this feud and the FBI being a consistent force in the ECW tag ranks. (***)

• 1 year later...

Jim Molineaux bodyslamming all three members of the FBI was a little much, but otherwise the match was fun. Nova made for a good babyface, we got some cool offense from Smothers as well as some primo, at times over-the-top stooging, and even Meanie was kind of fun doing big fat high-flying offense off the hot tag. His pants almost come off but that sort of fits his character anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-05-29-ECW-Baton Rouge, LA] Tracy Smothers & Little Guido vs Nova & Blue Meanie