Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-06-01-WWF-Raw] The Undertaker and Vince McMahon

Loss

• 2 months later...

Undertaker does a promo they try to present as a shoot, with him complaining about problems he has had with Vince McMahon through the years. Vince put him in a position for years to be "keeper of the kingdom" by putting every giant or freak out there against Undertaker - guys his hand-picked champions had no chance of beating. He claims he never had a long title reign because Vince never wanted anyone like him representing the WWF, that he gave Paul Bearer a forum to air all of his personal dirty laundry for ratings and this appears to be the first undeniably Vince Russo segment we have seen. Anyway, Undertaker has had enough and is ready to be the number one guy in the WWF. He demands a shot at the title and asks Vince to come out.

Vince comes out and tops himself once again. He asks Undertaker if it's true that his mother was a whore and sets up a match against Kane for tonight. More Vince, please. This guy is ridiculously great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really hated this segment. On the one hand this is full of pseudo shoot stuff and on the other hand the Undertaker is wearing sweatpants. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea of the Undertaker, the dead man, the zombie, the phenom come out in fucking sweatpants?

• 3 weeks later...

Great segment! Didn't think Taker was whiny at all. He feels Vince has taken advantage of his loyalty and well now it is time for Taker to get his. Vince is great in this. Not as great as in the Foley segment but that is once in a lifetime. The Is your mother a whore line is great. JR said it best he is brazen now in a way he never was before.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't a *terrible* promo from UT but I'm not sure I'd call it good--the material and motivation are fine but I don't think Undertaker is quite cut out for these pseudo-shoot promos just yet, as his delivery is much more stilted than the other main eventers of this era. I'm amused by the idea that Bret Hart was incapable of beating Giant Gonzalez, necessitating Undertaker to do it. This is all Russoriffic, yes, but I don't mind the material yet--it's still Filtered Russo. Vince is out again and browbeats Undertaker, which is awesome to watch just because it's so rare. Even DX never got this kind of verbal heat on him.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I really hated this segment. On the one hand this is full of pseudo shoot stuff and on the other hand the Undertaker is wearing sweatpants. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea of the Undertaker, the dead man, the zombie, the phenom come out in fucking sweatpants?

Taker's bags were lost at the airport is think so he didn't have his wrestling gear. Thus he came out looking like that.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-06-01-WWF-Raw] The Undertaker and Vince McMahon