Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground: Live as it happens

goodhelmet

comparing WWE women to Joshi and Indy wrestlers is asinine. The women in WWE don't have the freedom, reps, or infrastructure to be successful on that level.

Anyway I agree that Paige's recent callup to the main roster has exposed her as being green, but I just don't think that match was really on her. AJ failed to bump through the ropes on the one spot and held on to the ropes too long on the sunset flip. She also fucked up the pin by failing to just cover Paige when she had her legs up in the air.

The problem with Paige is if you go back to her NXT run she was having really solid matches so I don't know if sending her back will do any good. At this point she's only going to improve if she keeps working on live TV in front of bigger crowds.

Paige should be working ten minute matches on Superstars every week against a different Diva.

Comparing WWE women to other women isn't asinine it's fair. I compare AAA undercarders who are severely handicapped by booking to CMLL undercarders. I compare WWE main events to guys main eventing Anarchy television. Yes it's reasonable to adjust for circumstance, but it's not unfair to compare them at all. Fuck I thought the best NXT matches the year with the divas stand up very well to the best Joshi and indie stuff. i think Paige v. Emma was WAY better than the overrated Athena v. Lufisto match for example

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comparing WWE women to Joshi and Indy wrestlers is asinine. The women in WWE don't have the freedom, reps, or infrastructure to be successful on that level.

Anyway I agree that Paige's recent callup to the main roster has exposed her as being green, but I just don't think that match was really on her. AJ failed to bump through the ropes on the one spot and held on to the ropes too long on the sunset flip. She also fucked up the pin by failing to just cover Paige when she had her legs up in the air.

The problem with Paige is if you go back to her NXT run she was having really solid matches so I don't know if sending her back will do any good. At this point she's only going to improve if she keeps working on live TV in front of bigger crowds.

Paige should be working ten minute matches on Superstars every week against a different Diva.

Comparing WWE women to other women isn't asinine it's fair. I compare AAA undercarders who are severely handicapped by booking to CMLL undercarders. I compare WWE main events to guys main eventing Anarchy television. Yes it's reasonable to adjust for circumstance, but it's not unfair to compare them at all. Fuck I thought the best NXT matches the year with the divas stand up very well to the best Joshi and indie stuff. i think Paige v. Emma was WAY better than the overrated Athena v. Lufisto match for example

When I said "women in WWE" I was specifically talking about on the main roster. NXT is basically run like an Indy. I don't think the framework or freedom is there for the women on the main roster to shine like that.

It's not a matter of cutting WWE women slack, it's that WWE sees the women in a certain slot and likely won't give them much chance to do more than we've come to expect from a WWE women's match in 2014.

So you think the way they have been promoted on NXT will never happen on the main show?

I don't care all that much one way or the other, but if they put in a bad performance I will say so. I don't think pointing out horrificly bad work is the same thing as demanding RINGS level matwork, nor can I imagine why any serious person would claim it was.

It's not a matter of cutting WWE women slack, it's that WWE sees the women in a certain slot and likely won't give them much chance to do more than we've come to expect from a WWE women's match in 2014.

So you think the way they have been promoted on NXT will never happen on the main show?

I don't care all that much one way or the other, but if they put in a bad performance I will say so. I don't think pointing out horrificly bad work is the same thing as demanding RINGS level matwork, nor can I imagine why any serious person would claim it was.

Not with Vince and Kevin Dunn running the company. Absolutely not.

When I said "women in WWE" I was specifically talking about on the main roster. NXT is basically run like an Indy. I don't think the framework or freedom is there for the women on the main roster to shine like that.

This is a fair point to a degree, but I do think it's possible that a woman could be a Chris Masters type, who consistently busts her ass on the C-shows and gets a cult following. Instead Paige has not even stood out in that way

That segment sucked. If Ambrose broke threw security once, he can do it again. If you book a guy to get thrown out of the building, throw him out of the fuckin' building.

I thought Ambrose looked great in it, but not delivering on the match, or at bare minimum a more extended brawl is just stupid. The booking of this ppv has been pretty nightmarish from my perspective

All I'm saying is the women who have been recently called up to WWE have all had much better performances in NXT and I chalk that up to the difference in how each show is booked. Also there's a chance that Dunn's hate boner towards NXT plays a role as well.