Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground: Live as it happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really counting my blessings for being able to see MITB live instead of this one. Had some network issues during Jericho/Wyatt and Rusev/Swagger. But overall I was not having the normal buffing issues I do have on my live stuff. So that is one positive to take away. But still I shouldn't be having any issues with feeds. Never have problems when using Amazon Prime.

This is something I thought would happen with the network. The pairings lasting longer. It has more of an 80's feel to it where guys will get the same match 2 or 3 times in a row . Like Usos/ Wyatt Family should do a Texas Tornado match next or some gimmick.

My thoughts on the show:

- Rose/Fandango was a waste of time, but it was mercifully short, so I'm okay with it.

- Cameron/Naomi was pretty bad, but Cameron showed some nice intensity as a jealous heel. For those of you criticizing AJ/Paige (more below), did you not watch this match and see how much worse it was?

- I was one of the few who didn't like last month's match between the Usos and Rowan/Harper, but this month's was fantastic - maybe match of the night. I minded the first two falls being so short as they were happening, but the awesome third fall more than made up for it by the end.

- No Ambrose/Rollins sucks and reeks of shady false advertising, but with all of locked into six-month commitments, I guess they can get away with that shit now. With that being said, I loved the intense brawls between them, and it makes me even hungrier for a match. What's the deal though? Was there something to the rumblings about the Rollins injury after all?

- AJ/Paige wasn't great, but I didn't hate it the way most of you did. I also think comparing Paige to some random Japanese female wrestler is absurd. We all know the way the WWE books its women is light years behind how it's done in Japan. Still, things are improving for the WWE Divas division IMO. Despite its flaws this was still a pretty solid, serious effort - not the cheesecake puff we would have gotten only a year ago (and did get earlier in the night with Cameron/Naomi, which was also a step up in a way because it was one of two women's matches on the card and featured a real storyline and rivalry). Paige desperately needs to turn heel though.

- Jericho/Wyatt was nothing special, but I can understand the rationale behind Jericho winning. The problem is, he no longer means anything anymore - just like RVD. Having him lose to Fandango at WM and other similar losses killed his aura long ago. Yeah, Wyatt will get the win back, but too little too late. They definitely overestimated Jericho's perceived significance, but I don't think it will hurt Wyatt in the long run either way.

- Miz winning the I-C Title the way he did was pretty obvious to me - I saw it coming a mile away - but it was the right move, I think. Heath Slater lasting as long as he did and eliminating Cesaro of all people was a shocker. I hope this is actually leading to something for Heath. Otherwise, what's the point? I felt bad for Zack Ryder (and to a lesser extent, Xavier Woods and R-Truth).

- I liked the main event. Hard to be disappointed by Cena winning when that was as obvious as can be. I wasn't expecting a cash-in either. It was pretty clear there wouldn't be one when Rollins drove off.

I loved that opening tag match and then everything else sucked.

The booking felt like a Smackdown card, but I guess we'll have to get used to it as the PPV cards are now just Network specials.

I asked Loss this on Twitter and I really feel this is what we'll get: A Rusev-Swagger flag match at SummerSlam.

Okay, so I started watching some Zack Ryder stuff recently since I was completely tuned out of WWE during his YouTube fame. I see the guy tweeting almost every week that he's watching Raw from home, he hardly works two house shows a month and they call him up for sixty seconds of work on a PPV? WWE cuts guys who appear on TV every week but seem to enjoy keeping him on payroll but far away from an audience.

I often wonder if this company really exists to make money or just amuse the handful of people who run it.

The reflexive need by some to jump to the aid of Paige and AJ is pretty funny. I'm not sure WWE's historic booking patterns have much to do with their failure last night. They were given time to work a decent PPV match. They failed in a major way.

When WWE Divas look like this http://tv.esquire.com/videos/71307-kacy-catanzaro-at-the-american-ninja-warrior-2014-dallas-finals and not like sticks and bones, then you'll know there is change afoot. Right now? AJ and Paige are just more of the same.

Guest Eduardo James

It is strange. While you don't have obvious flags like implants or disappearing jawlines like Chyna, most are still scarily thin and on a schedule that doesn't allow a lot of free time.